Sign in to follow this  

DVI to VGA Adapter

Hey all, I know there are some of you out there who use dual monitors and I'd like to do the same with my Ti4600. I've been told that there is an adapter that will allow me to connect my second monitor to the DVI port on the card using a converter.Problem is, where the heck do you find this hot commodity??? No stores in my area have them, as a matter of fact they usually look at me like i'm crazy. I thought I found one online, but it looks like it has the wrong end (Male) coming out of the device that plugs into the DVI port...Anyone out there that can recommend a store to find this thing at?thanks!lando

Thanks Dennis, yeah I'm surprised too ;-) I went home and double checked the box (PUNKS) ;-)Anyway, I found one at CDW and ordered it all ready, paid for overnight shipping too ;-)oh well, it's only money ;-)

OK, now I'm even more confused... ;-) Just got the adapter delivered here at work and it doesn't look right???Isn't DVI out the round port on the back of the video card? It looks more rectagular and wider than the VGA connecting end?I'm not at home to look at my card, but don't recall seeing that type of a connection on it. I did see the round connection? What the heck is that, or am I just an idiot? ;-)))thanks!Lando

The DVI slot is usually white and rectangular very thin. I have the geforce ti 4400 and run 2 monitors off of it with a dvi to vga dongle that I got in a radeon 7500 card that was returned the same day I got it.....ahem.....Anyway it works great. I don't think I could ever go back to having only one monitor..... :)

Thanks for the reply xplanefanatic ;-)I just did a little research online and it looks like I should have the DVI output.Now just have to wait to get home to try it out ;-) I just don't recal that white rectangular connection... Maybe because I was too axious to get that card in my machine when I got it, I probably just didn't notice it ;-)))thanks again!

What he's seeing is probably the S-Video out jack. I have my projector plugged into that.Cas