Sign in to follow this  
Guest flash828

Go Flight module compatibility

I'm thinking of getting a Go flight module, but I am worried about compatibility.Can anyone who has Go Flight modules, please tell me if any of the payware addons fail to work with it? Or is it ingrained to the low level routines of FS2002 so it doesn't matter what you hook up to it?I mostly fly the DF737 and Cardinal and the 421C.thanks,Thaellar

I have GF-166's and they work with all the FDS planes and I have the 421 and they work well with that too. I don't even look at the screen for radio freqs any more. Just dial them in and read them right on the units. Besides the yoke and pedals this adds the most realism to the sim. You won't regret spending the extra $$'shttp://www.ktone.org/images/FSD_ken.jpg

Guest gasebah

The answer is simple:Anything that uses the original FS commands works with GoFlight. Anything that is programmed "outside" FS2002 will not work. In other words:The Cardinal and the 421C will work flawlessly with the GF units. You will have a whole bunch of problems with the DF737 though as e.g. the autopilot is programmed outside FS2002 and a lot more complex (VNav and all that stuff) than the original FS2002 autopilot.To make it easy: If you can assign a function in the FS2002 assignment section and it works, it will also work with GF. If you cannot assign this function chances are the it will not work with GF either. Alex

Just what I was looking for. Thanks for the reply.

Blowhole's (??) reply is correct in terms of the 166 radio units but might be unintentionally misleading for just about everything else. I have all of the GF modules except the landing gear thing (I have PFC throttle quad) and the A/P unit (I have an Aerosoft MCP). The main problem with using GF stuff with most payware panels is that they invariably code their own versions of the a/p. GF only works with the standard FS2k2 a/p, so any panel that uses that will be fine. However, if you want to use 767PIC, PSS Airbus of DF737 (for example) then the GF stuff will be redundant for A/P functions.Doyle at GF is working on a patch to make the a/p module work with PIC and also an updated version of the software that can work with user-defined keystrokes, but that isn't available yet.So basically, you can use GF with any standard FS2k2 function that is operated by a key in the default key assignment list. The radios all use standard fs2k2 code on just about every panel, but the push buttons and toggle switches are more restricted.The 421 is OK because it uses the standard a/p keys, but basically, anything with an FMC is likely to be a dead losss. On the other hand, the Aerosoft MCP works with 767PIC, AND default FS2k2 a/p functions, as well as Project Magenta and PS1... worth thinking about, especially as it's not a lot more than the GF module and doesn't need the additional expense of a separate panel mounting unit.RegardsAndyEGTR

Now it is getting interesting. I didn't know about Aerosoft and have just looked at PFC as well. Hmmm...lots to think about.

Guest flash828

Hey, I just got the PFC quadrant about a week ago. Absolutly love it. Was worth it if you were interested in it. I never knew the flight spoilers can range up/down not JUST up or down till I played with the PFC. I was also looking into the MCP.