Sign in to follow this  
barryward12345

To GEOFA -- please help with design problem

Hi GeofI am asking you for help because I have a problem involving something I can't get to work -- and I can see that it works perfectly in the panel of your DEB.This has to do with battery and generator switches and low voltage lights.I have a panel which has a battery switch and a low voltage light -- it has no generator switch. The battery switch will light up various gauges in the panel and will allow the aircraft to be started but the low voltage light does not do anything -- so I replaced it with a new XML design (but lo and behold , this one also does not do anything). These 2 lights remains unlit at all times.I can't help but feel that this problem has something to do with the actual aircraft - rather than a gauge problem. The reason I say this is because I have looked at a number of aircraft that have battery switches and low voltage (sometimes called battery) lights and the majority of them do not work either. The only 2 aircraft that seem to work as they should are the default EXTRA and your Debonair. In these aircraft, you turn on the battery master switch and the LV light lights up. You start the engine and the LV light remains lit until you turn on the generator switch. I believe this is as it should be! :) I have noticed that there seems to be a variety of different entries under the [Electrical] section of these many aircraft.cfg files--Some have only this: [electrical]max_battery_voltage=24.0generator_alternator_voltage=28.0max_generator_alternator_amps=60.0While others (like the Deb) have this:[electrical];BusType, MaxAmpLoad, MinVoltage BusTypes:0=MainBus,1=AvionicsBus,2=BatteryBus,3=HotBatteryBus,4-7=Generator/AlternatorBus(1-4)flap_motor=0, 5 , 17.0gear_motor=0, 5 , 17.0autopilot=0, 5 , 17.0avionics_bus=0, 10, 17.0avionics=1, 5 , 17.0pitot_heat=0, 2 , 17.0additional_system=0, 20, 17.0marker_beacon=1, 2 , 17.0gear_warning=0, 2 , 17.0fuel_pump=0, 5 , 17.0starter1=0, 20, 17.0light_nav=0, 5 , 17.0light_beacon=0, 5 , 17.0light_landing=0, 5 , 17.0light_taxi=0, 5 , 17.0light_strobe=0, 5 , 17.0light_panel=0, 5 , 17.0And others have no Electrical section at all.Some aircraft have a battery switch only while others have both battery and generator switches.Do you have any ideas of what is wrong and how I could correct my problem -- maybe also a bit of an explanation of your understanding of how the Electrical section works and why there are som many differences between aircraft.Any help would be much appreciated.Thanks Barry

I am not sure I have an answer for you. As far as the low voltage light etc. I very nicely begged Reality XP, and even more graciouslyReality XP made the custom gauge for me. You may only have the option of getting into the programming gauge (non xml) nitty gritty and having someone program it for you likewise.Have you also tried using the extra gauge and just replacing the image for it with your custom one-that might be another work around?Sorry if I can't be more helpful-perhaps someone else can answer your questions better. My knowledge is actually pretty limited in this area! :-banghttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

>I am not sure I have an answer for you. As far as the low >voltage light etc. I very nicely begged Reality XP, and even >more graciously >Reality XP made the custom gauge for me. You may only have >the option of getting into the programming gauge (non xml) >nitty gritty and having someone program it for you likewise. >>Have you also tried using the extra gauge and just >replacing the image for it with your custom one-that might >be another work around? >>Sorry if I can't be more helpful-perhaps someone else can >answer your questions better. My knowledge is actually >pretty limited in this area! :-bang >>>http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif Thanks anyway Geof .Actually , I have finally found my problem - it had to do with a small XML syntax error and an equally small logic error. So , this little light now does what it is supposed to do.I do wish we could get some input about the electrical section of the aircraft.cfg file though -- even though it doesn't now relate to my problem.Barry