Sign in to follow this  

CFS3 review

I have read the first part of AVSIM's CFS3 review and I find "Who is fooling who" here? Are we fligt simulator lovers or like we a more complex "Point and shoot" game? Avsim's review start let presume we go to have some review that isn't on his place here but on a real game site. Sorry! How great is the influence of M$ on AVSIM ?hm.

Huh ?!??!I am having hard time understanding a word of what you are saying. God forbid you ever write a review ...Michael J.

I believe that MS made the CFS3 to appeal more to the kids and teenage "arcade" type of audiance. We all know that MS doesnt do a good job on flight dynamics. But in the CFS versions is understood. I wouldnt think that a 13 or 17 year old that cares about "point and shoot" would care abouth the flight dynamics of a plane, because CFS is an arcade game and all you do is shoot planes down and get in a dog fight! I dont think in that respect MS care about aviantion fanatics like us! Only in FS they do, because FS is a Flight Simulator and aviation fanatics and wanabees, and pilots use FS.Hope this helps,Dj_Reza

Guest Matt Johnson

That was part 1 of a 6 part review.And... "How great is the influence of M$ on AVSIM?" Assuming you mean in the editorial sense: nil, zip, zilch, nada -- we would be thoroughly idiotic to do anything else.

Hi,I also read the review, and to me it seams that Microsoft with CFS3 are heading more to a role playing game than a simulator. My feeling is getting more and more to the conclusion to not buying CFS3.And if this also will effect future Flight Simulators, I am deeply concerned.Am I wrong here?Fly safe, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight Group

Staffan

To Microsoft, Flight Simulator has always been a game. Look, you have it installed under Program FilesMicrosoft Games...They made it as a game, people don't want it to be.Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

I suspect more people buy FS and CFS as games than as serious simulators. The serious simmers are a vocal group, but not the largest group.

Guest Dean

>Hi, >>I also read the review, and to me it seams that Microsoft >with CFS3 are heading more to a role playing game than a >simulator. My feeling is getting more and more to the >conclusion to not buying CFS3. >>And if this also will effect future Flight Simulators, I am >deeply concerned. >>Am I wrong here? No your not. Whatever the future of GA flight simulators in general, Microsoft is taking us there. At this point in time.

Hmmm, they dont like it at all do they ? Niether do a lot of others.As somebody said if this is what is to be expected with 2004...MS have not changed policy at all, remember 1 good release, 1 bad. Where are the development team ? Did the BETA testers concerns go over MS's arrogant head. Or was it tested ?When 2002 came out everybody said WOW, anybody who used Falcon had been using very similar technology for ages prior. (As it was pointed out to me) 3DS modelling, AI aircraft. MS have produced nothing new for ages. I cant see them gaining me as a customer for CFS3 and on the release of 2004, I'll wait for quite a while before putting a toe in, I've been dissapointed all to often.GeorgeStill waiting for a 2002 patch...ooops sorry Bill it must be just me who wants one, your guys say it doesnt need one.

Guest jase439

Perhaps you would be well advised to read the post "Simming and Drinking" ;-)

>To Microsoft, Flight Simulator has always been a game. >Look, you have it installed under Program FilesMicrosoft >Games... >>They made it as a game, people don't want it to be. >They DIDN'T make FS2002 as just a "game". It incorporates REAL aviation databases ---- navigation and airports. As well as topography, real weather, and more.L.Adamson

Guest Daniel Pimentel

Hey:I think the problem is for some reason people expected too much. I mean, I knew what I expected, CFS3 pleased my expectations. All in all and with its flaws, I think it's a good sim for what I paid, and for how it operates in general. I do laugh a lot when people compare CFS3 to FS98. :-lol Hyperbole - that's what is happening all over these forums.Daniel Pimentel.AA RULES!!! :)Download my semi-photoreal AA 757!:http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DownloadID=16882Aerolineas Argentinas A330-200 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR.../posky332ar.zipChrome AA 767 NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyR...osky767aaV1.zipDominicana de Aviacion 727-53C NOW AVAILABLE!!http://www.thevivcorp.com/~fyarepaints/MyRepaints/dom722.zip______________________________"Whenever you find yourself in the side of the majority it's time to pause and reflect" - Mark Twain