Sign in to follow this  
Guest roderic757

Chicago FS focus group

Guest odog

Hello,I know this is a little premature, but since these are the only forums I haunt, I wanted to know if anyone was planning on attending from the Chicago area. It sounds like a fun time, sitting around talking sims all day, beats work!Just wondering, because I received the 1st email and responded last night. Let me know if your a Chicago area simmer and plan on going...if asked...and where your from. Im guessing it will be held near Ohare, I love going downtown but try to avoid it because of the traffic.Ill be coming from the West side.

SamBob, another user in the forum, received the email as well. Check a few threads down... You two might be able to share the driving chores, and you'd get a chance to put a face to a forum name!Know what you mean about traffic. I lived in Chicago in the 60's. Traffic was bad even then! -John

Trev-I think he is referring to a group put together by Microsoft, and not our Chicago Area FS group. I don't know how to get any info regarding the Microsoft group.Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

Hey Howard, Trev, et-al,I'm going to the MS Focus group - if you received an email from them make sure you call them back to confirm. And be prepared, there are a series of questions you'll need to answer to ensure that you're "qualified" to go.My session is on the 16th, and it is downtown (don't remember the exact address off the top of my head.) Starts at 1300, and is supposed to last a couple of hours. I'll be coming in from St. Charles, I think - I may be at work first. Depends on how busy things are next week.Howard, Trev, Doug - any of you guys apply to MS for this thing? There was a posting a few weeks ago here on AVSIM about it - don't know if there's any more room (though the person I talked to seemed to indicate that they had more room available). Check the FS Insider website and see if they still have the notice up.Later,Mark

Hello,I signed up a while ago to be aprt of the focus group, but haven't recieved a mail yet. However, if I do get one, I fully intend on showing up (assuming there are no other obligations for that time). Scott

Mark,My God, Another simmer from St. Charles. I was begining to think I was alone out here in the boonies. I know the traffic is bad going into the city because I drive downtown everyday for work (1/2 mile from Meigs) and thats usually a 2 hour drive. Home is 4 miles west of Dupage Airport.Best rgards,Jan

Hey guys-I don't know if you have seen the recent messages from Doug Horton, but we have a Chicago Areas FS Group which meets every month or so at a restaurant in the Western suburbs for a Saturday lunch.We usually sit aroud and talk FS stuff for a couple of hours, and sometimes go back to someones house to demonstrate some new addon.We just met 2 weeks ago, and will probably meet again in early December. We will post a message and hope you will join us.BTW, I live in Arlington Heights and work in Glen Ellyn.Howard

Howard

Jetline Systems: Intel 8th Gen Core i7 8700K (4.8GHz Overclock); GTX 1080 Ti; LG Curved UltraWide 3440x1440 Monitor

I got the call from them last night and luckily got chosen to go. It's not what some of you may be thinking where they gather a few hundred people to participate. I was told that only a select few (10 people) for each sim (FS and Train Sim) are being invited. I'm attending on Saturday and coming from Hoffman Estates. So if anyone is close by, send me an email mbau0912@worldnet.att.netAll people chosen are first come first serve AND provided that you are what they are looking for. Depends on how you answer the questions. So for those that don't get to go this time, there will be others they say. For those going... see you there!Mike Baumann

C u all on the 16th at 1:00The good wife and I will drive in from Morton, Illinois.

I saw the email, responded and was contacted. But, it turns out that media people are not eligible, so I can't take part. Too bad; it might be kind of fun...Sherm

Guest odog

They let me in! I hope they know what they're in for :-wink2No seriously, It should be a fun time. Im looking forward to meeting you all there.Saturday 1300.If someone can come up with a neutral staging area maybe we could all meet up beforehand .?.See ya'll Saturday

Guest roderic757

Hey guys.. I was chosen as well and will be there on Friday though..so I will miss all of you ... I dont know if we can discuss anything about it..but if there are no stipulations I will let guys know..but then again I dont want to spoil it for ya..:) anyway take care and talk soon.. Roderic