Sign in to follow this  
CF104

Scenry Read Error

Hello,I finished a clean install of FS2002 on a partioned HD. When I create a flight and after the scenry, ATC and etc. files are loaded I get two errors. Both errors are of the same type. "Scenery Read Error! attempting to open a nonexistent directory. Can anyone give me a suggestion to correct this error. Any help would be much appreciated.ThanksKarl

Try cutting and pasting your scenery.cfg file in your fs2002 folder to a safe area on your hardrive. Restart fs2002, see if it regenerates the scenery.cfg file, and if the problem is fixed. If not, return the old scenery.cfg file to your fs2002 folder.

Guest firehawk44

Karl,Make sure your scenery.cfg file in the FS2K2 main folder has not been corrupted during the install. For some reason, mine was corrupted when I reinstalled. Simply open up the config file and make sure all Areas are numbered in sequence and the numbers match the Layer line. Also check the Local= line and make sure it shows the correct path to your scenery. Hope this helps.Jim

Hello,Thanks for replying back with your suggestions. Unfortunitly your suggestion did not work. I've uninstalled and installed FS2002 several times and still the problems returns.ThanksKarl

Guest firehawk44

Sorry to hear none of the above fixes worked. I would suggest deleting or renaming your FS2002.cfg and then restarting FS2K2. The system will rebuild the config file. If that doesn't fix the problem, you'll probably have to uninstall and reinstall FS2K2. Ugh!Good luck!Jim

One of the things you have to be careful of when uninstalling and reinstalling is leaving residual files and folders. If you attempt to uninstall again, make sure after the uninstall, you delete the fs2002 folder, if it is still on your hardrive.If you have a different CD drive, you might that instead of the one you are using for installation.Another item is to either select/deselect DMA addressing of your CD Drive. If you are using Win98/ME, it may or may not be selected. Usually, WinXP automatically sets DMA if the drive is capable. You can change these setting in Device Manager. I would try selecting the opposite mode, try an install, and see if it fixes your problem. If it does, then you can return the CD drive to the original configuration or leave it. DMA addressing usually gives a faster drive response.

Hello, Thanks for your response.What my system hasTwo hard drives with dual boot capabilites, OS/Windows 2000 Pro setup on each HD52X LG CD DRIVEASUS A7A266 AMD XP 1900+256 RAMI just added a new hard drive and decided to load FS2002 on itBefore I added the new hard drive I add no problems with FS2002on the old HD.Could this be the problem?ThanksKarl