Sign in to follow this  
Guest abent

DreamFleet navdata/FMC question...Help Please...

Guest abent

Does anyone use DF734 to fly in Canada? I am trying to find data for SIDS/STARS to and from 'large' Canadian airports such as CYYZ, CYUL, CYVR and CYYC. They are not in the FMC. I checked in FSBuild flight planner and it shows a SID from CYUL, however it is not in the FMS. Does anyone know if there is a data update for the FMS that might have Canadian SIDS and STARS? I tried downloading the latest AIRAC from navdata.com and I can't download it at all. I'm not even sure if that has anything to do with approaches and arrivals anyway. OR, maybe I'm barking up the wrong tree and Canadian airports generally don't have SIDS and STARS, but that I doubt!Anyhow, Thanks. Any insights, pertaining to data updates or even just related Canadian navigational information would be very much appreciated!Adam :-)

Guest CYOW_pilot

Adam,I don't own DF734 so I can't comment on it directly. I can assure you that all the major airports in Canada have published FMS arrivals and old fashioned navaid/vector STARS published. Most SIDS in Canada involve simply flying runway heading to xxxx altitude (usually 5000ft for jets, 7000ft for Calgary and Edmonton)rather than the busy ones you see at European and other airports.I do fly PIC767 quite a bit and all the FMS arrivals are available for it (or I have created my own from the FLIPS).Kevin in CYOW

I do have the DF 737, and I have STARs for all the major Canadian airports. I don't have SIDS. If you need help downloading/installing data, you should post a message on the Dream Fleet forum, http://www.flightsimnetwork.com/cgi/dcforu...&conf=DCConfID1 .If you are doing a lot of flying in Canada, do yourself a favor and go down to your local aviation shop and buy a copy of the CAP (Canada Air Pilot) voulme for your region. It's bound volume of charts and instrument procedures and charts and is less than $20.00 CDN. Another very valuable resource is the Canada Flight Suplement, which has all the official IFR routes for Canada.Happy flying!

Guest abent

Thank you gentlemen for your responses. I appreciate it. On further investigation, it does seem that SIDS in Canada seem to be runway heading and alt.Adam

Hi Adam!I just checked out CYUL with my Jeppesen Charts.DORVAL THREE, JADEE FOUR AND KIPAX ONE are not really Departure Routes. You just maintain RWY HDG for DORVAL THREE, and it's only one HDG change for JADEE FOUR at 520'. For KIPAX ONE, it's a HDG change at 2 DME - so nothing is missing; you cannot store "RWY HDG therafter Vectors" in the FMC. And at 520' the AP should be off.Hope this helps.Ciao Marco EDDF