Sign in to follow this  
wsieffert

MagVar table requested

Hi,I'm looking for a table with Magnetic Variations, preferably with the following information:Lat, Lon, MagVar(Lat and Lon in whole degrees, MagVar with 1 digit)I need it for a flightplan import utility I'm developping for my VA.It will be a stand alone application, so interogating FS2002 is not an option.Alternatives and suggestions are welcome.

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

I wrote a utility a year ago for someone that was a .dll. Its not a table like you describe, but you can submit the lat/lon values and the .dll would return the magvar (for the years 2000-2005).It was for someone who was producing Navdata for 767PIC, he ended up not completing his project, but I'm sure this .dll is sitting on my HD somewhere.Is that something you could use on your project ?If so send me a email, and I hopefully should be able to find it for you.Regards.Ernie.alstoer1@compuserve.com

ea_avsim_sig.jpg

Hi Ernie,I have send the email. Thanks for your reply!Egbert

System: AMD 7800X3D - X670 Mobo - RTX 4090 - 32GB 6000MHz DDR5 - Corsair RM1000x PSU - 2 x 2TB SSD - 32" 1440p Display - Windows 11

How important is MagVar to what you are doing? If you are eventually going to use the plans with FS2002, then you need to use the MagVar tables they are using and not the latest/greatest.

Hi,Because I'm creating SAS-look-alike flightplans with course info printed on them.Here is an example:http://www.scandva.org/upload/EKCHLEPA10.htmEgbert

What you are saying is if you use present day MagVar in your plans, it will not affect their usuage in FS2002.If Microsoft used data that was -5deg different over the area you intend to fly and you use what you now consider the correct data, your reference point 0deg (or +5deg from MS data), does it affect your plan?You can't change the MagVar set in FS2002, so using some other reference MagVar and then using FS2002 and expecting it to match won't work.I am just trying to understand if you will have a problem using different data.