Sign in to follow this  

PSS & A330

hi there i no that these panels are similar and i was wondering if anyone has succesfully merged the A320 panel with posky's A330. i have searched the pss forum and was unable to find anything that was of any help.

yes ive read it and all the other ones but note that i said they were of no help. they keep getting cut off by the pss team, if someone can work out how to merge pic/posky, dreamfleet/ariane etc. surely they must be able to do the a320 and the posky plane

Hi,The A320 has different FMC setups, so it WONT work with the 330. Sorry.But there is light in the end of the tunnel. We are considering an A330 derivative, but other commitments prevent it to be out soon.Keep your fingers crossed..with enough demand it will come!Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

just out of interest what have you got planned for the near future i know that you will soon be releasing the dash but what after that

Too me this is a really sad answer from the PSS team. I've merged the 767 PIC with Posky 767 and with other 757's and they were very supportive of this. To me the PSS is just a panel and shouldn't be looked at as offering help to a competitor.I'm sure it's possible, sure, somethings may be off, but I bet you can make it work almost as good as if it were made to be in a 330.

thanks for the reply i agree with you, dont get me wrong i think that the pss work is great. but to me anyway the team needs to take a new approach and realise that this is a community and everyone is in it to help each other out. i still think that your products are top notch!

Well after reviewing the PSS forum and realizing they "Moderate" every post (Must be a reason for that), (don't want to look bad) I can see they are very unwilling to help people put their panel in other planes even after they have purchased it. The line "It is a different plane and therefore will not work" is BS!That's their way of saying, we want you to buy more of our stuff after you have already given them enough of your money.I'll get this working and email you my results.I'll be doing the same thing with the 744 in the Meljet.

Guest jase439

>Well after reviewing the PSS forum and realizing they >"Moderate" every post (Must be a reason for that), (don't >want to look bad) I can see they are very unwilling to help >people put their panel in other planes even after they have >purchased it.While I would certainly encourage you to pursue a solution on your own, I think your remarks are out of line. What you've said is akin to me buying a new Mercedes and then asking the manufacturer to assist me with removing the engine so that I can install it on my custom-built go-cart.You need to realize that in order to accomplish what they do with their panels, they require certain characteristics to be present in the flight model and the flight dynamics. Everything has been engineered as a "matched set". If the product was intended to be sold as "just a panel" - it would have been marketted as such and it likely wouldn't have a tenth of the features it has now.PIC is no different. It has the same constraints on flight dynamics as the PSS product. It is only by the good grace of one, Lee Hetherington, that he invested his own time in bringing POSKY and PIC together under one umbrella. But that took work and alot of trial and error. Certainly, it was not the PIC team's responsibility (or Wilco's) to provide support for such a configuration or to assist Lee in that effort.PSS is a business, and you can't even *BEGIN* to fathom how busy those guys are. If they tried to support every "custom go-cart" setup around, you would never see a product roll out their doors. They have enough on their plate as it is with people clammoring for Dash 8's and Concordes - why not cut them some slack, do as Lee did, and take up the initiative to find the answer on your own and rely on the community for support in building your custom go-cart instead of PSS.Cheers,J

The reason those questions are being cut off is that they've been answered in length too many times already and a little looking back would get you all the info you need: the answer is "NO it is not possible".

PSS never designed it to work on an A330. If they had, it would work with the POSKY 330 as well.An A320 series aircraft is just too different from an A330 to compare adapting an A320 panel to an A330 to using a 767 panel with a 757.757 and 767 are quite close in things like weight distribution and performance, 320 and 330 are a lot further apart.It would be like using the Dreamfleet 737 panel in a POSKY 767 (for example) and complaining it doesn't work correctly... Do people complain about that? I've never heard them...Or using the PSS 747 panel in a 707 (well, they both have 4 engines so they must be the same right?).

Try this using the http://www.avsim.com/posky/files/fde/A330.zip FDE.(Flaps.0)type=1span-outboard=0.500000extending-time=20.000000system_type=1flaps-position.0=0.000000,0.000000flaps-position.1=7.998491,0.000000flaps-position.2=15.996982,0.000000flaps-position.3=23.995472,0.000000flaps-position.4=31.993963,0.000000flaps-position.5=39.992454,0.000000(fuel)Center1= 0.000, 0.000, -4.000, 5000.000, 0.000LeftMain= -7.000, -37.983, 0.000, 12000.000, 3.000RightMain= -7.000, 37.983, 0.000, 12000.000, 3.000delete the AUX. tanksRegards,RicardoEHAM

why doesn't anyone out there seem to be making a good A340, I wonder??I would have thought that would be a very hot aircraft to make??Sunil>The reason those questions are being cut off is that they've >been answered in length too many times already and a little >looking back would get you all the info you need: the answer >is "NO it is not possible". Sunil Mulay