Sign in to follow this  

PSS & A330

Guest Andrej

Hey Sunil,well, there is one company which is working on A340 for FS02. Here is their URL:www.aviograsf.com.And than there is another company, working on stand-alone simulator of A343. Now, as I understant it, this should be something similar to PS1 in regards of simulation of the "real" thing. This product should be up, during 2nd quater of 03. I can not wait. :-jumpyThier URL:http://www.anticyclone.be/experience.htmlAlso, someone has already gave us the explanation why, Airbus is not that favourite among sim. developers. Their cockpits are very similar and many people are not willing to pay for almost the same products. The comonality is great thing in real life, but very bad in sims. Cheers,Andrej Lippay :-wave

I Feel I must defend our (PSS) position here -------------------------------------------------------------------->they "Moderate" every post (Must be a reason for that), (don't want to look bad) --------------------------------------------------------------------yes we moderate posts, It's a private forum and we are quite entitled to do so.. The REASONS we do though might interest you ??#1 Repeated questions where answers already appear in the forum cost the PSS team a lot of Time, This takes us away from tha actual job of developing (which leads me to the second reason) #2 Repeated questions like WHEN IS DASH RELEASED ? Again cost us time to answer, The current information on release dates will be made available once WE KNOW when it will be #3 Misleading or abusive posts will be deleted, no reason necassary#4 Argumentative posts will not be tolerated. The forum is meant to be for "Support" ----------------------------------------------------------------->I can see they are very unwilling to help people put their panel in other planes even after they have purchased it. -----------------------------------------------------------------This is quite true, BUT for very good reason.. We Cannot support the use of our products when used with 3rd party software. It was never developed to work with them, it was not tested to work with them and It may not be possible at all .. PSS cannot be help responsible or waste time answering support questions related to other Developers work.However, If a user develops a simple and Fault Free way of using our products with 3rd party software then we will HAPPILY Post the information but we cannot spend the extra time needed for developing these methods ourselves as there are many more people waiting for our current products. ---------------------------------------------------------------->That's their way of saying, we want you to buy more of our stuff after you have already given them enough of your money.----------------------------------------------------------------Totally unfair in the context it was written. We DO want you to "buy more stuff" But Our way of saying this is to develop New, Better and more advanced products instead of spending a lot of man hours developing patches for 3rd part software. -----------------------------------------------------------------I'll get this working and email you my results.-----------------------------------------------------------------PLEASE do so, and when you do post the information on PSS Forum. we will Gladly issue the information to other users.. Finally..and in the interests of fairness ... has anyone actually suggested to Meljet or Posky that THEIR PRODUCT doesnt work with the PSS Panels ??

Guest A386

Remember the good old Simubuild A340 ?With some tweaks in the aircraft.cfg it works fine with the great PSS Panel. (Flaps/Engine Positions)Please remember that in real world you are allowed to override/cheat the settings in the MCDU. In other words you can input wrong data to get a special result (within limits).With the A340 & PSS I cheat the MCDU at some points and I get fine results and can live with that.As long as there is no serious A340/380 Panel available in the market I don't see another way here. PSS has set a new level of Panel-Quality, still unreached by others.Maybe Project Magenta is an Option, but it's different.They still miss the Upper-Panel/PB-Logic and a main Panel in general.PM have another customer target.If I look a bit into the near future I also miss a GMax Model of the A380. Even the great freeware-groups don't touch the A380.I hope someday the Airbus-World will make a step forward and catch up with the Boing-Market where everything seems already been done.=)

Well, I have the panel working fine in a 330 and a 340, no I'm going to put it in a 380 ;-)

Guest crashing_pilot

thumbs up and well said dude!!!i wonder what it is that makes people think they can expect anything from a developer.....just be glad they're there,buy the stuff if you like it,and don't if you don't..but stop asking these silly merge questions!!!!!!PSS,keep it up guys!!!Tom van der Elst