Sign in to follow this  
btrjet

POSKY 7673 - great........but

The POSKY 7673 aircraft are superb but I have found this problem recurring over and over. There are many airports in FS2002 where there are "bumpy" ramps and these POSKY a/c can't handle them. I have tested two of them (Delta and Alitalia versions) and in each case as soon as a bumpy ramp is encountered the nosewheel collapses or, at the very least, if the brakes are applied on such ramps the nosewheel immediately collapses.I tried 12 other aircraft types on the same ramps. These a/c bump around like crazy too but the nosewheels stay in situ.Is there any way to fix this (other than fixing the numerous ramps!!!)??? as these planes are too good to let go.Pat

Yep, same here. This thread will probably be closed soon because they don't like Posky threads here and don't even try to post it on the Posky forum, it will be deleted as well ;-)Here's how I solved this issue: Turn off Detact Crash ;-)Seriously, I do that when taxing and after landing. Only way I've found to make this thing work.

ooops.......sorry.I had tried the POSKY Forum earlier but it was shown as CLOSED. Looks like I was trying to access an older Forum.I've now found the correct URL and my message now posted.Pat

Just in case anyone wants to know the result. POSKY say they have no intention of changing their planes at the moment.Regretfully, then, I put both aircraft up for sale this afternoon as my economy passengers were complaining about having their asses stuck up in the air too often.Surprisingly, they were snapped up within the hour (the planes, not the asses) - someone called Michael O'Leary. Hmmm.... now what can that mean?Pat

Have you tried the apron fixes by Page c Cline?A lot of us have experienced bumpy taxiways and aprons at the default airports and Page took it upon himself to fix as many of these as possible, in fact a new one was released within the last few days here at avsim.I think the file name was fix7.zip, have a look at the recent uploads in the library.

Hi Vulcan,I thought those fixes were for the flashing textures (Grass through concrete) rather than the bumpy taxiways. Please correct me if I'm wrong.In any event, the problem (in my experience) only affects two aircraft, the two POSKY 7673's I downloaded. If they're not bothered to tweak the planes I'll not lose any sleep over it. After all the planes are given to us free. However, there are plenty others which don't have this problem.Pat

Don't sweat such comments Gary... POSKY offers freeware to the community. Yet people expect support, patches, fixes etc as if they've paid a hundred dollars for the work! Far as I'm concerned, if it isn't sold, people may make suggestions, but should accept things as they are. Freeware designers don't run 24x7 shops and aircraft design, as I'm slowly learning with GMAX, is a long, slow process. I hope POSKY keeps up the good work--I'll take it as the gift it was intended as for our community. As for flight model issues, people should quit their bellyachin' and learn to fix freeware themselves...Let the flames begin!-John

Opensky website / forumWhere is the Project Opensky website these days?? Is it no longer at avsim.com?? Also.. is there a forum of Posky discussion?? Seems Opensky has disappeared..!!Cheers..!!