Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

Thunder Bay Scenery

The Thunder Bay scenery produced by Flight Ontario has to be cutting edge for scenery design. The detail is incredible without a noticeable drop in performance, my FPS is holding up well. There is a pulp mill with sawdust piles, conveyors, filter treatment beds where the skimmers rotate; a cantilever lift bridge; and too many other details to mention. But it is big, the download zip is 105MB and it expands to 450MB, it took over two hours on my

Hi Nigel,I fully agree with your "WOW!!". Fantasic scenery and effects.Please post a message with your system specifications to help others get an idea about what type of system works well with the scenery.My system is an older generation Dell PIII, 1 gig, 512 meg ram, GForce 2 440mx, 40 gig hd.While I love this scenery and can fly over it at somewhat reduced (but flyable) fps, I do have a problem with my hard disk constantly being hit while in the scenery area. The hard disk "in use" light(I don't know it's real name), constantly blinks even when I reduce display sliders to lower levels.Has anybody else noticed the same with a lower end system such as mine?Let me end with this: Many thanks are in order for the team which developed this fantastic scenery. Regards,Howard

tcreagh2Thanks Nigel for your encouraging comments. The CYQT project was a labour of love and I'm glad that you love this scenery as much as the Team did in making it. Most of the credit has to go to Jim Kanold, a very gifted scenery designer and a great guy!Ted CreaghFlight Ontario TeamCYQT

My System:AMD Athlon XP 2100+ (30.82drv)Gigabyte GA 7VRX moboVisionTek Xtasy GEForce 2Ti 64MB video card512MB DDR RAMIBM 40GB 7200rpm hard driveMaxtor 20GB 7200rpm hard driveSB128 sound cardCHProducts PCI yoke and pedalsWindows 98FE updatedTwo case fans

Thanks for the information Nigel. I'll check out the suggestions you mentioned and see if they help. I'm also planning on upgrading my video card to a GForce 4 Ti4200.Howard

Thank you for the comments we are glad you enjoy it. Dan

Guest RobA

Hi Dan, Put the effects in and I'll have to say, WOW Beautiful job by all. :-)Best, Rob

Guest jase439

I can tell alot of work went into this effort. It looks really good (although its too bad its Summer only). I am looking forward to see what they will do with Toronto (although I hope it's year round - I would hate to miss out on those snowy approaches).One problem I'm having is that my ground textures appear unusually grainy - almost the way FS looks when I have multi-texturing and/or bilinear filtering turned off. I don't know if that's an artifact of the photorealistic terrain being laid down in FS, or if I have a setting that is out of kilter.JPS. AVSIM's pipeline rocks. I pulled all 105MB down in 15 min.

tcreagh2Hi Dan...as a member of the Team, the FS community should be aware of the significant role you have played in the development of this scenery...specifically the bridges, taxiway signage and, for me, the most outstanding building in CYQT...the NavCanada building! Thanks again.Ted

And the terminal, just about all the buildings at CYQT the pulp millthe lakers..... and a few other things nobody has found yet!! LOLAnyway thank you Ted. BTW people Ted and the boys in T-Bay spentmany hours takeing any photos that Jim and I needed for this sceneryand their part in this scenery is a BIG reason why all my models look as good as they do!! Dan the model dude