Sign in to follow this  
Guest brooksie

When will AVSIM begin shipping copies of FSX??

Is October 17th being adhered to for shipping? Or, will you ship early to have the product arrive on the target date?Dick BoleyDelmont, PA.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

Dick,We are going to ship them as soon as we receive them. I have asked MS two or three times when that will be and haven't received a clear answer. I suspect that we'll receive them at the same time some of smaller distributors get them. MS has to take care of the big bubbas first, I am sure. :)

Dear Dwarf "Bubba";Were you able to secure some copies of FSX for shipment coincident with the Grand Opening today?Regards,Dick BoleyNear airport 5G8

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I appreciate the front page status report today (and offer to cancel) but I really view an FS version upgrade as a big, long project. Waiting a few extra days or weeks really doesn't matter to me...in fact, letting others wrestle with and solve issues while I wait will make my experience easier. And the last thing I want to do is cancel an order that supports Avsim. For the next couple years when I'm building my FSX world, I know Circuit City and Best Buy won't be of any use to me, but Avsim will be invaluable.

ugcx_banner.png

I have another question: why is Avsim going to carry only the Deluxe edition? I would love to buy from them provided they have the right product.Michael J.

Guest N6722c

>Dick,>>We are going to ship them as soon as we receive them. I have>asked MS two or three times when that will be and haven't>received a clear answer. I suspect that we'll receive them at>the same time some of smaller distributors get them. MS has to>take care of the big bubbas first, I am sure. :)After all AVSIM have done to support MIcrosoft in their Launch of FSX, the Avsim Conference where FSX release was announced etc etc, you would have thought that Microsoft would have taken care of making sure Avsim were one of the 1st supplied with FSX to meet their pre-release sales.Nice "Thank You" Microsoft !!!!

Guest tmetzinger

Just wanted to say I admire your stance in cancelling the orders from the Avsim store and freeing folks to go buy their product locally. I'm disappointed that MS didn't give Avsim priority for distribution, but I also understand that the Retail side of MS is separate from the Development side (where you have an excellent relationship).Best wishes,

Guest brooksie

So now you're really stumped - ants in the pants AND no FSX....I was happy to wait for FSX - it suited 'cos I need a new hard drive to run it anyway... I was happy to buy it through Avsim and give something financially to a great resource I use mercilessly for free normally. But I am just a stupid european and the americans know best - cancelled my FSX order and left me high and dry and down to join another queue without even suggesting where I go... Thanks guys ! Really...}(