Sign in to follow this  

PSS Dash-8

Guest A32X

Just like to know the difference between a Dash-8-300 and a Dash-8-Q300 Regards,

From Airliners.net:"all Dash 8-300s built since the second quarter of 1996 have been fitted with a computer controlled noise and vibration suppression system (or NVS) and so from then all models were designated Dash 8Q-300s. In 1998 the aircraft was again renamed, this time to Dash 8-Q300 when a new interior was also introduced"Copyright

ugcx_banner.png

Guest A32X

"Glass"Could you be a bit more specific? Has the Q just got a a computer controlled noise and vibration suppression system (or NVS) (in the cockpit)

As I said.. you can check the new pictures at our website."Has the Q just got a a computer controlled noise and vibration suppression system (or NVS) (in the cockpit) "I dont believe FS can handle that.. but at least you will see steam and glass cockpit gauges.Johan[A HREF=http://www.phoenix-simulation.co.uk]Phoenix Simulation Software[/A]-----http://www.people.zeelandnet.nl/johdUnofficial PSS Website

Hi,I never worked on the Dash-8 "sustaining" aircraft. Sustaining meaning the older 100, 200, 300 series. But I did work on the Q400.As for glass cockpits in the 100, 200, and 300 series, I can't recall ever seeing a glass cockpit for the sustaining aircraft. However the Q400 is a glass cockpit and a nice one at that. Sextant did a great job there.As for the NVS anti-noise system, it isn't installed in the cockpit. It is primarily installed on the aircraft to counteract the noise of the props. It simply works by making white noise 180 degrees out of phase with the noise from the props. This effectively cancels out the prop noise to a degree. It's not exactly quiet, but it's a lot quieter than the older models. I've never actually been on a flight with one, but I have been onboard during installation and testing of the system. It sounds like they're running the engines during testing but it's just the vibrators installed on the fuse skin making all that racket.And the aircraft from a person on the grounds point of view. It is QUIET! I used to watch the aircraft go out on test flights, deliveries, etc, and from just under 1000m away, I could not hear the aircraft during departure. Kinda weird to watch an aircraft take off without any sound coming from it. Sure when you get closer, you can hear it, but from afar, it's silent.Anyways, enough blathering for now.CF-AOA

Johan .... :) Informative as ever :) :) :)As far as the Dash 8 300's and 8 Q300's are concerned the only visible difference is the "Quiet box" just inside the Air stair doorBut as far as the PSS Flightsim Dash goes the differences are in the panel.. 300 Is a round gauge panel where the Q300 will have the Glass Gauges