Sign in to follow this  

Skymaster check ride

I am going to go for my Cessna 337 Super Skymaster check ride in the morning what tips can you guys give me any tips will be greatly appreciated

Just relax, and remember, the examiner doesn't want to fail you, he wants you to pass.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but you arent taking a checkride in a 337 for a multi rating are you? Unfortunately we had one guy at our local FBO do that without telling anyone his intentions and ended up getting a multi rating with a centerline thrust restriction attached. I know its a really stupid mistake to make, but you never know. Hopefully, on the other hand, you just purchased one which would be great!!!Craig

Guest B1900 Mech

On takeoff lead in with the rear engine! :)

Yeah... If you're trying to get a multi with a Skymaster, perhaps you should call the whole thing off. There aren't too many twins with a centerline thrust configuration. However, if you bought a Skymaster, more power to you! It's a great aircraft. We have four or so out at KCNO (all meticulously preserved) and their owners rave about them.

I am going to get checkout in it and log the time I am hoping to get all of the FAA pilot rating when I get my Pilots liscence I can fly with liscenced pilots because in 1989 I had a suspected case of petety maw seisures and could net get my medical I have not had one in 13 or 14 years I have grown out of them that was when I was very little I have to have 4 tests done to get my medical then there will be no stoping me from my dream a professional pilot that is what I ment by a checkride

The main thing to watch for in a 337 is the difference in single engine procedures............Other aircraft you get the gear up as soon as possible, NOT THE 337.Too much drag with all those doors coming out. Have some altitude and some extra airspeed if you lose either on on takeoff.If you have ever watched the gear come up you will think that the aircraft is being disassembled..:-)bobg

And it feels like it to I have riden in it and I know how it feels to think that the plane is going to just tear it self apart when the gear retracts