Sign in to follow this  
Guest jase439

AFCAD Overlay

When you make an overlay of an airport and you want to take off from a runway other that the one that is active for the main airport how do you get ATC to give you clearance to the runway you use for that overlay. To clear that up a little say I am using KPDX and I want to use 2PDX using the a smaler runway how do I get them to clear me to the runway I am using for that overlay and not the main runway. Yes I checke the no take off and no land boxes but that did not work. Do I need to make another frequency?I hope that isnt to much babbling Andrew

Guest jase439

It has to do with where you place your reference point. The ATC your radio will tune will be that of the airport whose reference point is closest to you. While a separate freq. can be convenient, it isn't required.You just need to move your overlay's reference point close to or near the parking area and/or runway that the overlay uses.The next time you start up your sim, if you are closer geographically to 2PDX, then you will get ATC for 2PDX instead of KPDX - which I believe is what you're looking for here, is it not?Let me know if this doesn't answer your question.Cheers,J

Guest jase439

BTW, if you need an example to reference, download my KSLC AFCAD's and have a look at how I have my GA overlay setup for runway 17/35. It's available in today's downloads here at AVSIM.Cheers,J

Jase Thanks for helping out. Fixed in 1 minute what I had been messing with for days. Never even realized the reference point made the difference.Thanks again Andrew

Guest jase439

Yeah, I had a few of those on the SLC project. Glad you got it sorted out. J