Sign in to follow this  

Squawkbox, FS2002, and Windows XP

I recently bought a new "screamer"....Now I am willing to give it all up for my online simming.I "let" XP install FS2002. Then I downloaded the latest version of SB (2.3 B5) from the VATSIM link and installed it. Being a windows 98 fan, I had a bit of a time getting used to XP...but.Problem: SB is unable to find my SESSION.I have created as usual on my 98 machine, I have checked and rechecked installation documents. I really think I have done everything right.Help.Sys: Dell P-4,512,Gforce-64.266bussDWL

Simple stuff first,Tell me EXACTLY the steps you are performing to connect to VATSIM.I mean the order you are doing things...I will be on for a bit yet tonight, so I will keep watching this post.J. Jason VodnanskyJetStar Airlines http://www.jetstarairlines.comVATSIM Senior InstructorZAU ARTCC, MKE TRACON

You have to disable the built in firewall that comes with XP. When you connect there should be an option to connect with it. Just uncheck that option.

Yeah make sure the XP firewall is disabled and you may also have to enter 127.0.0.1 as the IP to find your game.Jason

I had a feeling that was the case.....but being the new user of XP that I am....where would I go to disable the firewall "thingie".(sorry, but I must use a bit of humor before I send this thing back to it's original owners)DWL

Nevermind "where is the firewall thingie". I found it. Disabled it. And unlike most things in Windows.....it WORKED!!!Thanks all who responded so quickly....I hope I can return the favor.If your ever in Tulsa, Oklahoma, Look me up.DWL