Sign in to follow this  
DMullert

FSSkyWorld's cluds are killing my frame rates. Help!

Hello Gang!I really love those clouds from the FSSkyWorld package that was recently released. The only problem I am having is that regardless of which cloud set I choose to install in my Textures folder, they kill my frames tremendously. Any ideas as to what are the most frame rate friendly cluds out there? By the way, this happens every time I use FSMeteo in combination with these clouds as well.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hi, Download this pack lrccbse.zip, you will have better frame rate than the default fs2002 clouds or anything else.If you still have problem, than you have problem in others area. There is only 2 files zip, thats are little bigger in frame rate, and they are replaced with lrccbse.zip. ALL others are the same and exact as default performance. You may have strong problem in others area, they are not killer frame rate.Be sure your cloud density is at 65% for better visual and performance.In your FSUIPC block the cumulus a 7000 feet max, and the thunderstorm at 15 000 feet max.You will have frame rate kill, when you are adding clouds in the sky, no doubt about thats with either fs2002 default clouds or fsw,you are adding clouds visual.If you have many clouds layers with fs meteo during yuor flight, your frame will drop ALOT, you can't do anything about this.The Real Big frame rate killer are the Mesh, Autogen, Water reflection.Having all them at full, you will need an HUGE system.You can send me email for detailed information and futur question here: chris@simflight.comThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Dennis iam not sure what type of system you have but I can tell you that if you set you clouds at anything above 65-70 you will have horrid performance.I have mine set at 65 and see little difference visually between 100 and 65.Chris is also right about autogen being a killer as well as mesh but I think the over all worse is AI.I also leave that no higher than 65 as I really do not see the point.Just my 2 cents on the AI ;). Here are my settings in which I get good all around performance.I have all the updates for win2k including Service pack 3 DX 8.2 (really just a direct play upgrade )VIA 4n1 drivers 4.43.I use the a applet i download for direct x to turn off the sound debuging which was left on and it really kill performance. http://www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/install/dx8tweak.htmjust follow the on screen instructions.It really does make quite a differnce.Not in FPS just performance. Now for my settings :)Gf Ti200 64MB settings Drivers=41.03 www.guru3d.comResolution 1152x864@32 2XFSAA 2X antisotropic texturing + texture sharping vsync off performance "aggressive"forced refresh rate 85hzFS2002 all settings maxed except for clouds 65 visability 60water- detail AI 65 FPS locked at 25 avg FPS 15-25 depending on conditions everything is fluid enough that i do not ever check my FPS . I also keep my HD defrag on a regular basis and turn of any services i do not need to run EVERTo keep my system in top shape I clean my registery for best performance with Norton's Utilities (win doctor) and I also use RegCleaner which is very handy .I use Adware to keep all those pesky spyware out my system and use window washer to keep my system REALLY clean of junk :) www.webroot.com Best tool ever next to adware :)Try some of it out and see how it works for you Good luck Capt.Richard Dillon (KATL)www.jetstarairlines.com"Bill Grabowski's"ERJ-145 panel Beta TeamMD-11 panel Beta Team-----------------------PAI beta team -----------------------"Lets Roll" 9/11 -----------------------Specs AMD 1600 XP MSI KT 266t pro2 512MB DDR 2100GF3 ti 200 64MB SBliveCh Products Yoke and Pedals(usb)Windows 2000 Serivce Pack 3

Hi, AI., I forget thats one for sure. after Mesh, Autogen, Water reflection, A1 traffic and Scenery. There is no more frame rate space for realistic weather and I don't talks about cfs3 here or Msfs futur flight sim. it can be even worst, you will have to chose your preference area..Ps: lrccbse.zip have the best performance available.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Hello Chris, Hello Richard!Your input was most helpful, Thank You! I downloaded the mentioned file as recommended and everything is back to smooth sailing here. I will try your setting recommendations and see how things run. Thanks again!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.