Sign in to follow this  

Dash 7 Autopilot

Guest RobA

Hi all, It just occured to me that I can only change the altitude in the new Dash 7 by increments of 1,000'. All my other aircraft can be changed at 100' increments. Is it only me?Best, Rob

Hi,Are you referring to the one made by Milton Shupe & the Dash7 Team? If so, I think I have the solution. I made the throttle gauges for this aircraft, basically a 4-engine version of my ATR throttle gauge. My ATR has the same problem, which also affects to the HDG and CRS selection. The cause seems to be some kind of bug existing in FS2002 which affects panels with gauges that simulate key commands to accomplish their functions (like my throttle gauge), but it only appears on certain setups and situations. For example, I never had the problem under W98, but since I upgraded to XP, I get it at random. To cure it, download and install latest FSUIPC (www.schiratti.com/dowson) and activate the option "Fix control acceleration" in the "Technical" section. Peter Dowson has provided a more clear explanation of this bug in his FSUIPC documentation.Hope this helpssailplane.jpgStultorum numerus infinitus est.

Guest Mike20

Hi I too get this problem and was going to post when i saw your post I am running win98 and only get this problem with the Dash7 too all other aircraft I have dont do it so thanks for the tip I will try this as I love the Dash 7 its a pleasure to fly this aircraft and a credit to the team who made it thanks guys kind regards Michael

HI there,I can't seem to install Milton's Dash 7. When I unzip and extract to the FS2002 folder the download creates another FS2002 folder. Any help in installing the program would be grateful. Sure would like to get it airborne. Thanks for any assistance.Larry

Hi Alex,Just unzip the archive to one level higher than the FS2002 folder, and everything will fall into place. So, for example, if FS2002 was in the root of the C drive, unzip to c:.

Bill Womack

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit my FS Blog or follow me on Twitter (username: bwomack).

Intel i7-950 OC to 4GHz | 6GB DDR3 RAM | Nvidia GTX460 1gb | 2x 120GB SSDs | Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit

Guest Milton

Hi Larry,Bill is right. Unzip to the Microsoft Games folder or the folder one level higher than FS2002.Milton

Hey, thanks. I'll give it a go this weekend. Sure greatful for floks like you all. Larry

Guest RobA

and help it did. :-) Thanks to everyone, including Peter for the fix. Works great, now where did I see a repaint for the Caribbean. ;-)Best, Rob