Sign in to follow this  

A2K JFK Revisited. . .

Guest C17SimGuy

Hello,I know this is WAY late reaction. . .but I just tried installing Airport 2000 with the flatten provided by a user in this forum. (He talked about it about a month or two ago?) Anyway, all works wonderfully except that there are no textures on the runways. The displaced thresholds appear, but not as soon as the main runway starts, the ground is blank. Here's a screenie of my problem:It appears to be texture related, but I don't have a clue where the textures could be hiding. After installing only the scenery into a "dummy" directory and moving ALL the files to FS2002 directory and comparing it with my FS2000 installed copy (that works correctly) all the files are there and the sizes are the same. I don't know. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!-drewBTW, I threw in some piccy's of some KBOS scenery I found in my old FS2000 directory that works really well in FS2002. . .I've made an AFCAD file for it and will begin working on overlays soon.

Here's the list of the textures that should be copied to the fs2002 main texture folder from fs2000 main texture folder (I've A2K vol1 and vol2 in this list):TRWY-D.RWYArwy25.rwyArwy27.rwyArwy27l.rwyArwy27r.rwyArwy30.rwyArwy33l.rwyArwy33r.rwyArwy-a.rwyArwy-b.rwyArwy-c.rwyArwy-d.rwyHroad.bmpL-858B.R8L-858B-N.R8L-858L.R8L-858L-N.R8L-858R.R8L-858R-N.R8L-858Y.R8L-858Y-N.R8Trwy22r.rwyTRWY-A.RWYTRWY-B.RWYTRWY-C.RWYApron.r8Arwy31l.rwyArwy20.rwyArwy22l.rwyArwy22r.rwyArwy25l.rwyArwy25r.rwyAgenrwy.rwyArwy31r.rwyArwy36.rwyCGENRWY.RWYCrwy24l.rwyCrwy24r.rwyCrwy25l.rwyCrwy25r.rwyCrwy26l.rwyCrwy26r.rwyCRWY28.RWYCRWY-A.RWYCRWY-B.RWYCRWY-C.RWYCRWY-D.RWYRed.bmproad.bmpTGENRWY.RWYTrwy25l.rwyTrwy25r.rwyTRWY27.RWYWhite.bmpYelBlack.bmpYellow.bmp

Guest C17SimGuy

Thanks! That worked!-drew

Guest WorkingStiff

I'm not sure I understand....you'd have to do a minimum install of FS2000 in addition to installing FS2002.Do you have both installed?

Guest C17SimGuy

I actually do have an old copy of FS2000 installed. . .but I found a way to "trick" the installer into installing it in whatever directory I want. In case anyone wants to know how I did this, here it is. Create a directory structure on an available HDD (x):x:FS2000 Scenery Texture pilots Copy any available (fs2000 or FS2002) scenery.cfg to the x:FS2000 directory.Install from the A2K CD, and select this bare FS2000 directory to install to. Select only the airports. It will then install everything to this directory as if you just "unzipped" it. Then you can move the new directory SceneryAirport 2000 vol 1*to your prefferred FS2002 addon scenery directory. Move all the .bgl files from the FS2000Scenery to the FS2002Scenery directory, and the all the textures from the FS2000Texture to the FS2002 main texture directory. Discard the scenery.cfg file form the dummy x:fs2000 directory. You can also discard the pilots directory as it just adds some flights. Add the scenery in FS2002 and it should appear like normal. . .if you did everything correctly. Then if you want to remove the static and dynamic aircraft, look for .bgl files in the individual A2K scenery directories that have *dyn* and *sta* in the names. Not all the sceneries have these .bgl files, but most do. This same process worked for A2K vol 2. However, I really only am using JFK and MIA from the two volumes. I checked all the sceneries anyway and noticed at Nice Cote de Azur and EDDF, there is some texture bleed through. Also, for JFK there are exclude and afcad files available that make it so there is no texture bleedthru or bumpiness. Anyway, if anyone has any more specific questions, I'll try and help if I can. -drew

Guest WorkingStiff

Thanks for the tutorial; I think I can manage to get it to work as you outlined.

Hey! You found my Boston scenery :-) Yup, it still works. I have a completed general afcad file and a somewhat done radius method afcad if anyone wants them, just email me...Glad you like the scenery though....I uploaded it to flightsim.com like two years ago, but never uploaded it here. I'm thinking about uploading it here (wiht a new readme and afcad file). Whatcha think?Also, what's the flatten switch for your JFK?Thanks!-Corey Leigh

Guest jase439

Please do...I was just looking at your scenery last night! I'd never seen it before now. I got to thinking, "all she needs is some AFCAD tracks" and she'll be good a golden!Definitely upload it here to AVSIM with AFCAD tracks!J

Guest jase439

How are the frame rates with these A2K v1 and v2 in FS2002? Any better than v3?

wow! I'm off to download that scenery now!if you could, can you mail me the afcad file at redstorm_kg@yahoo.com? Thanks!

Hey Jas, send me an email at cleigh@udel.edu and I'll send it on over. It'll be quicker than me trying to upload it to Avsim (I haven't uploaded anything in well over a year to any site, and I never got the trick of avsim...) :-)-Corey

Sir Sanka where have you been? You have revived my simming career with your AP2000 fixes!!. I'm in need of some afcad files for any of the these sceneries. Could you or anyone point me in the right direction. jahngi@prodigy.net

Guest jase439

One minor omission. You need to make sure you have a copy of world.vis in your X:FS2000SCENERY folder, or the CD installer for A2K Volume 1 will barf on you.So run the CD installer, then run the FS2000 patch, and copy as above.

Guest C17SimGuy

Frame rates are really good for me (minus all their static and dynamic aircraft). I am really only using KMIA from v2 and KJFK from v1, but in each of these I have my fps locked at 18 and always get 15-18 when in the aircraft. When outside looking around it may drop to 10 or so, but that doesn't bother me because you don't fly from outside the plane! BTW, I did fly a circuit at A2K's EDDF in a PIC/POSKY and FPS was the same, 15-18 in cockpit, 13-15 while "looking around" from the outside. -drewSystem:98seXP1800+ Soltek SL75DRV4 mobo (266 FSB)512M crucial DDR Leadtek A250 Ultra (G4ti4600) (det 30.32 drivers, I think)80 gig WD 800JB (8MB seek cache)SB Audigy

Guest C17SimGuy

I didn't run any patches, and I didn't have a world.vis in the Scenery folder. . .and it still seemed to work fine for me. I swear, these things have a mind of there own!-drew