Sign in to follow this  

A2K JFK Revisited. . .

Guest jase439

It may be Wilco published numerous "editions" of the original CD installer. Without world.vis, I would get "Flight Simulator 98 was not detected in the specified folder." - and it would abort.Contrast that with Volume 2 which installed without a hitch for me, but another user here couldn't get the CD installer to go at all without jumping some hoops. Go figure.Oh well ;-) It's up and running now. With some flatten polys added, this stuff works pretty well.JPS. BTW, I can't remember, but is that a construction zone at JFK where all the "dirt" textures are?

Guest C17SimGuy

Yeah, I guess it is the other half of the AA terminal?

Hi SirsankaThanks for the info on the files....As per someone else's enquiry do yo need to install FS2000 as wellfor the textures? Thanks for the replyOpsGoon

Guest WorkingStiff

No, see the instructions in post #4.I used them and they installed correctly. If you know how to manually install scenery, it's simple to just cut the scenery from the temporary installation location and paste it in your main Scenery folder. The same goes for the Textures also.

WorkingstiffThanks for the reply but I get some buildings that look like JFK from A2 v1 but rest look like the others What did you mean by installling like this?A2 v.1......scenery.............textureIf this is correct then thats what I did?I cant help but think I need the FS2000 files to?John

Guest WorkingStiff

John,If you followed the instructions above you would START with a directory structure that looks like the following:FS2000.....Scenery.....TextureWhat you do is create a folder called FS2000 and make two subfolders within the FS2000 folder called Scenery and Texture. You also need to copy a scenery.cfg file to the FS2000 directory.Now when you run the A2K install routine; make sure you point it at the FS2000 directory. It will ask twice to confirm that you have the right folder selected.After installation your directory structure will look like the following:FS2000.....Scenery..........Airport 2000 Vol. 1.....TextureNow copy the Airport 2000 folder (with all its subfolders) to your FS2002 Scenery directory. Also copy the contents of the Texture folder to the main texture folder in FS2002 and you are set. You do not need the scenery.cfg and scenery.bak files in the FS2000 directory.Then just go to the Scenery Library within FS2002 and add the airports you want. I only wanted to use JFK so I only added that and deleted the others.

>John, >>If you followed the instructions above you would START with >a directory structure that looks like the following: >>FS2000 >.....Scenery >.....Texture >>What you do is create a folder called FS2000 and make two >subfolders within the FS2000 folder called Scenery and >Texture. You also need to copy a scenery.cfg file to the >FS2000 directory. >>Now when you run the A2K install routine; make sure you >point it at the FS2000 directory. It will ask twice to >confirm that you have the right folder selected. >>After installation your directory structure will look like >the following: >>FS2000 >.....Scenery >..........Airport 2000 Vol. 1 >.....Texture >>Now copy the Airport 2000 folder (with all its subfolders) >to your FS2002 Scenery directory. Also copy the contents of >the Texture folder to the main texture folder in FS2002 and >you are set. You do not need the scenery.cfg and >scenery.bak files in the FS2000 directory. >>Then just go to the Scenery Library within FS2002 and add >the airports you want. I only wanted to use JFK so I only >added that and deleted the others.I do all that but put the world.vis file into the scenery folder first cause the auto-install will not work without it and all I get qhen selecting airports only is the .dyn files inside the main scenery folder? Any help?

Eric 

Jase439, did you get my email? If not, could you (or anyone else) please send me the flatten and exclude command lines for JFK at efisher2@cfl.rr.com Thanks guys.

Eric 

Guest WorkingStiff

Are you specifying the installation directory correctly?This directory should be the root FS2000 folder, for example: e:FS2000 and not the scenery subdirectory.I haven't had to copy over the world.vis file and I've done this many times now and I've never had a problem installing these sceneries.

Guest jase439

Should be in your box, Eric. Sorry I couldn't get to it sooner. Been busy getting ready for the big family turkey-day hurrah tomorrow.J

Jase,It was me who couldn't make Airport 2000 vol 2 to work. I did download the patch, but doesn't seem to affect the installation at all. Could you please explain how to install this scenery all over again?This is what I did:Make Directory FS2000 with a Scenery, Texture, Pilot sub folder.Run A2K Vol 2, install in FS2000 with a confirmation where to install the scenery. After choosing to install the pro version of FS2K I get a not found world.vis file. Where do I use the patch? If I use the patch (which is a rather small file) the world.vis file is still not found and the installation is terminated.Any help appreciated.Thanks,Jorge Curiel

Well Guys Thanks for all your helpSuccess it works.....The next question is I need a good AFCAD file for it as I am running the Project Ai aircraft and the exlude file to stop the bouncing you all mention.....Also I can't find the files to remove the static and dynamic scenery....My email is j.curran5@ntlworld.comJohn

Sir; If not to much of a bother, could I also get the flatten/exclude line(s)? Thank you dmynke@gmavt.netJohn Hogan