Sign in to follow this  
Guest SlimDady

FS2K2: EXTERNAL VIEWS OF GEOFA'S DEBONAIR 33

Hi everyone...I really like the deb, as most everyone else, but I have shyed away from flying it more often because when I switch to the external view, my frame rate plummets, making the sim a little too pokey to enjoy. Does anyone else have this problem, if so, is there a remedy. I could continue flying just from the cockpit, but I am addicted to the eye candy...:-)thanks...sherm

Guest outtatimeiii

My old K6-400 did that to almost every plane I had. The primary reason that I had that problem was that I had a lack of "firepower" to really run FS2002.I know how you feel, LOL. I'm addicted to eye candy now (and the deb too). All my sliders are at max on my 1.2GHz system with a Radeon 7200. On my old K6 with a Voodoo Banshee, it bearly ran with the sliders full left.What are your system specs btw? If the specs a bit low, then thats maybe why fps goes down a lot.

Glad you like it-it must be the detail on those good looking pilots that are slowing you down!I just emailed James and here is an idea. In the first version (before the vc) there was an extra b33 called "ai". This was a simplified deb with less detail to be used with ai traffic. It would be possible to utilize this-but you would have to capture it from the first install. James gave me the following directions:"Just don't delete the model.ai folder and original texture folder...and copy the lines from the aircraft.cfg into the new VC version. That should do it. I think. I don't have it installed at the moment as I'm still reinstalling stuff"It might be worth a try-then again not.....http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/Geofdog2.gif

thanks everyone for the advice...as for my specstyan 1854s trinity mobo 1 gig256 megs ram64 megs ram nividia mx400 GeF cardsherm

Guest SlimDady

I find the new virtual cockpit really hurts the framerate on outside views..I stick with the original version, seems to do better on fps....Gota love this plane.. one of my fav freeware planes