Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

Eko Super G18 panel mod problem

Guest SD Sim

I just installed the panel modification for Greg Pepper's Beechcraft Super G18 by Jorge Salas (aka Eko). Now when I go to create a flight with the G18, the sim crashes back to the desktop. I tried looking in the archive for a solution, but came up empty handed. Has anyone else encountered this problem? And better yet, do you have the solution (or can you point me to the thread I must have missed)? I did follow all of Eko's instructions, including modifying the radio settings in the aircraft.cfg file. I like the looks of the panel in the attached GIF file, and would really like to use it.

Guest eko

It is the fuel status gauge which makes certain XP systems crash.The gauge was updated for 2002 and fixed the XP problems, but I guess some systems still barf on it.Find this line:gauge25=CPT.RKG_Fuelstat!FuelStatusSq_recip_wide, 102,655,180,57Your number may be different than 25, but you'll see it when you open up the panel.cfg file in notepad.Change it so it reads thus:;gauge25=CPT.RKG_Fuelstat!FuelStatusSq_recip_wide, 102,655,180,57Just put a semicolon in it, and that will disable the gauge. I'm pretty certain the panel will not crash after that.Unfortunately, that takes away the neat fuel status gauge... so you may have to open up the bitmap in a paint program and repaint the area where the gauge used to be to match the rest of the background.OR better yet, stick something somewhat useful in there. Replace the line with this one:gauge25=mooney_bravo!Annunciator, 102,655,180,58or if you don't have the pro version:gauge25=cessna!Annunciator, 102,655,180,58

Guest SD Sim

Thanks Jorge, that fixed the problem. BTW - very nice panel, I'm looking forward to using it.