Sign in to follow this  

CH Flight Sim Yoke USB/IL-2 Sturmovik Bundle

Ever since I got into flight simulation when I got FS98 when it first came out, I've been using a traditional flight stick.I thought that it was time to move on to a Flight Yoke for additional realism.I recently found out that CH Products is offering there Flight Sim Yoke USB with IL-2 Sturmovik. Does anyone know what stores (including online stores) sell this bundle? They say on there website that it would be available November 1, since that day has come and gone I assume there should be a number of retailers that sell it.I know you can order it off there website, but it's a good $40 more than what I see at other stores such as CompUSA. Anyone know of any good sites that offer this bundle at a good price?Any info wuld be greatly appreciated. Also some feedback on what you think of the Yoke would be greatly appreciated.Also, I am not interested in the CH Pro Rudder Pedals at the moment. That will be another investment in a year or so if I ever decide to get it.Regards

C'mon, somebody has to know.I know there are many users of the CH Flight Sim Yoke USB as it's the most popular Yoke on the market right now.

Guest RobK

I have both the yoke and rudder pedals and I am very pleased with both of them. The yoke makes flying a little bit easier than using a joystick once you get used to it. Since the yoke has more distance to travel from left to right and forward and back it is not as sensitive as a joystick which is why it makes flying a bit easier. It will feal kinda strange at first using the yoke especially if you are used to using a joystick because of the extra movement required with the yoke. Once you get used to it, which won't take long, I am sure you will enjoy using the yoke much more than the joystick. I would also recommend getting the rudder pedals too especially if you want a more realistic flying experience. Much easier using rudder pedals than a twisting joystick. One advantage of using the rudder pedals is that you have separate left and right toe brakes. This comes in handy when taxiing and you need to make sharp turns with an aircraft such as a large airliner that normally has a wide turning radius. Rob

I have Sidewinder ForceFeedBack Wheel which comes with gas/brake pedal.I heard that it can be used as a rudder pedal also. If so, then I'll just use it instead of buying a new one.Regards

Does no one know anything about the IL-2 Sturmovik bundle? I've heard it mentioned in the forums before....

Personally, I like a joystick for a sim such as this or other combat sims. To me, some of the punishing movements you'd put your aircraft through seem a little rough to be using a yoke like CH makes. I would use nothing but the yoke for GA or commercial flying; but for EAW, Jane's, CFS etc, a joystick and rudder pedals are great.Rick

I asked the owner at At flightsimentral.com a few weeks ago and he said his site would offer the CH/IL-2 combination pack and to just watch for the announcement at his site. So far no anouncement, very strange...== WHK ==

dogknot,I already know about CH's website. That's where I found out that they would be offering IL-2 with there USB controllers.What I want to know is where I can buy this bundle. There site sells it for $150 and I've found the yoke being sold for $110 in places. So I'm not going to pay $40 more just to buy it from there site.

Guest SoarPics

Airliners 2000,This would be much easier if you told us where you live. Since you mentioned CompUSA in your original post I'll assume you live in the US.I can strongly recommend FlightSim Central. I have always had first class service from them. If they are not presently offering the bundle you are seeking, I believe it is safe to assume it is because the manufacturer has not yet made it available through vendors.A word of warning about "bundle" purchases. Make sure that the software in the bundle is the latest version. When I bought my Cougar HOTAS last spring, it was bundled with an IL-2 disc (by coincidence, the same game you're interested in). However, the game was the beta version! It was far from the finished IL-2 available today.Good luck... and keep checking the FSC site.http://www.flightsimcentral.com/

dogknot,Yes, I have seen those and went to all those links that they suggest.However none of those retailers listed specify if they sell the IL-2 bundle or not. All just say CH Flight Sim Yoke USB, and I assume that does not come with IL-2.Regards

SoarPics,I live just south of Denver in Colorado.I've got access to pretty much all the electronic department stores you can think of such as CompUSA, Best Buy, Circuit City, etc.On CH's website, they say the software bundle will be available starting November 1st. I assume this means retailers should have it now, at least most of them.Thanks for your help.Regards

Guest dogknot

I too have done business with Flightsim Central and quite a number of the others. I e-mailed most of them (link at the top of their page) with my questions and they were quick on the reply and very helpful. Flightsim Central even cut me a better deal than advertised on some games I was interested in. Good Luck.

Guest SoarPics

Often, what is said and what actually happens are very different. Since you are having such difficulty finding the bundle (retail, on-line... or anywhere for that matter), perhaps it's time to e-mail CH about their current intentions.