Sign in to follow this  
Staffan

Concord Gauges

sombody knows were i cen find the fs 2000 concord gauges?i cent find them in the library thenxIAI

The Concorde gauges are copyright Microsoft 1999. The only legal source is your own FS2000 Professional CD.If you don't own FS2000 Professional, you cannot legally have them on your computer as that constitutes software piracy.The same principle holds true for the Mooney, King Air etc. gauges that are part of FS2002 Pro and not FS2002 Std. which is why those too are not distributed by selfrespecting sites.

>The Concorde gauges are copyright Microsoft 1999. The only >legal source is your own FS2000 Professional CD. Half true :)MS released the gauge as part of the FS2000 patch file available at no cost from www.microsoft.com/games/fs2000/downloads_fs2000update.aspThe gauge is accessible from the downloaded file using WinZip I seem to recall.

>The Concorde gauges are copyright Microsoft 1999. The only >legal source is your own FS2000 Professional CD. >If you don't own FS2000 Professional, you cannot legally >have them on your computer as that constitutes software >piracy. >The same principle holds true for the Mooney, King Air etc. >gauges that are part of FS2002 Pro and not FS2002 Std. which >is why those too are not distributed by selfrespecting >sites.Hi,In principal you are right.However, I am sure that Microsoft has no objection in using FS2000 gauges in FS2002. ;-)If you count each and every panel on the net, and then count each and every panel which comes with Microsoft default gauges, you will soon see that it is a majority percentage which contains Microsoft gauges.Furthermore, if you also count each and every payware panel available on the net which contains default Microsoft gauges, you will be up for a surprise. ;-)I am also sure that Microsoft are very aware of this matter, but did they make any objection..?.....No, not that I am aware of.And another thing is that even people who doesn

Staffan

You're halfway right...The license for that file says it is legal for use with FS2000 only so using it with FS2002 is a violation of the license unless you also have FS2000 :)

Furthermore, if you also count each and every payware panel available on the net which contains default Microsoft gauges, you will be up for a surprise. And now see what Microsoft would do if the person/company who distributes that panel also distributes the gauges...Fact remains that software piracy is ILLEGAL no matter what people would like to believe.Just because there is no armed guard at the door to a shop doesn't give you the right to take whatever is in there does it?This is a very similar situation.

And now see what Microsoft would do if the person/company who distributes that panel also distributes the gauges...[/i]It is already happening, and Microsoft knows it very well. Fact remains that software piracy is ILLEGAL no matter what people would like to believe.I couldn

Staffan

Guest RonB49

I agree with Steffan that Microsoft seems to turn a blind eye toward this practice, with regard to gauge files, but I don't necessarily agree with thess statements."If you count each and every panel on the net, and then count each and every panel which comes with Microsoft default gauges, you will soon see that it is a majority percentage which contains Microsoft gauges.Furthermore, if you also count each and every payware panel available on the net which contains default Microsoft gauges, you will be up for a surprise."To be sure the panel.cfg file that is distributed with most third-party panels refers to the MS default gauges but the gauges themselves (*.gau) are not (normally) distributed in the archive. The point being that in order to use the panel, you will have previously acquired the gauges legally. Note that some panel readme files and descriptions have a disclaimer that they are designed for FS200x "Professional Edition" only. R-

>To be sure the panel.cfg file that is distributed with most >third-party panels refers to the MS default gauges but the >gauges themselves (*.gau) are not (normally) distributed in >the archive. The point being that in order to use the >panel, you will have previously acquired the gauges legally. > Note that some panel readme files and descriptions have a >disclaimer that they are designed for FS200x "Professional >Edition" only.Partly true.However, there are a huge amount of panels which comes with separate gauges originally from FS98, and uncoded FS2000 gauges.This means that we all, more or less, are using illegal stuff from Microsoft. :-rollHappy contrailing, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight Group

Staffan

Anyone who doesn't have the original that is :-)And why should we distribute (or make easier the distribution of) copyrighted material from 3rd parties (whoever they may be) without EXPLICIT consent from those parties just because they don't actively pursue those who would violate said copyright?

Anyone who doesn't have the original that is :-)You are so right !So, We really have to WARN each and every simmer who doesn

Staffan