Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaaky

nVidia 40.72 Drivers Now WHQL Certified

It doesn`t seem to matter. I had the same message, installed it anyway, and it works beautiful.Best regards S.Jensen

Guest kilo_sierra17

I got it to work, first I installed 30.82, then went to 40.71, then 40.72 WHQL certified, I was running 40.72 Beta before, it works great now!Kurt

I also have been running 40.72 beta drivers for the last month and have been very satisfied (AMD XP1800, 512Ram, Ti4200). Although the new file title has _WHQL added to the name, the file version of the new, qualified drivers is the same as my beta file version (2.11.15.0). Can I assume that since the file version is the same my beta drivers are the same as the new ones? Thanks, Steve J.

Guest Jaaky

>It doesn`t seem to matter. I had the same message, installed >it anyway, and it works beautiful. Lucky you!I also get the missing NV4_DISP.INF message, but then the instalation aborts :-( and I'm back to the Standard VGA driver.OS is WinME.Any help highly apreciated.

Don't panic,Everything will be OK, just install them yourself, here's how. Before installing drivers be sure and close any anti-virus software running. Often drivers will not load properly with antivirus running in the background. I have found that it is not usually necessary to uninstall olderdrivers before installing nerw ones. Only uninstall if you are going back to a older version of the drivers. However if you feel more comfortable uninstalling the old drivers, by all means do so.First, the setup files have unzipped everything to a folder, the default is C:NVIDIAWin9x40.72, or similar. Know where that folder 40.72 is located.Now right click an empty space on your desktop, click PropertiesSettingsAdvancedAdaptor, now click Change. click the radio button that says Specify the location of the driver (Advanced) click Next, click the radio button that says Display a list of all the drivers so you can select, etc. click next, now click Have Disk. in the next box that comes up click Browse, and then browse to where the folder 40.72, or whatever you named the folder. Click that folder and you should see an INF file highlighted in the left pane, it should be nvaml.inf. Click OK, then click OK on all the ensuing boxes and restart your computer at the prompt. On reboot the computer should find everything, check by going to your display properties again and check the last four digits in the box for your nVidia card.Hope this helps,PS Anyone using the E Dimensional 3D glasses should be aware that they will not work with the 40xx series of nVidia drivers.The 3D glasses work well with the 30.87 dirvers and 30.87 Stero drivers

Guest Jaaky

Hi Donald,Good suggestion...Tried to manualy install, but no INF-file to be found...I'll wait till NVidea has gotten their installation routine together...

I had the same error. I was running some old Drivers. Believe it was 30.82. Here what I did to get new drivers up and going on Win98SE.1. Thru Control Panel, then Add/Remove Programs, Selected the Nvidia Drivers.2. Didn't restart.3. Ran Detonator Destroyer v1.02.1(from guru3d.com)4. Rebooted via Detonator Destroyer.5. Once rebooted, Went to Properties from Desktop, Advanced Button, Adapter Tab, Change button, Then point to the location where the drivers were dropped from the EXE..Did gain a few FPS even on my old worn out Geforce2 Pro.

pedroI am using the Edim. glasses with 40.41 drivers without problems. I have also used them with 40.70 beta. I have gone back to 40.41 because the stereo option didn't show with 40.72,but still worked ( I had the stereo driver set before ugrading to 40.72) I went back to 40.41 just in case I had to adjust my stero options. I am running XP.pro with AMD1800xp. geforce 2. I run 2 monitors with Navigator on the 2nd. mon I set both refresh rates to 85mz. by the fefresh overide set on the either driver. I have no screen flicker at all and delighted with the result. (Important, set both screens at the same rate). Having seen the latest thread I may try the certified 40.72 again.pedro

Along the same lines of the pitfalls of changing drivers.....When I now reboot the computer, after installing the new drivers, I get an error message stating that the nvQtwk.dll cannot be opened? Does anyone know what that is about?????Paul

Hi, Paul. I'm getting the same thing with 40.72 WHQL. Got it also with 40.71. But when I had 30.82, there was no such message. I guess I should have installed the later drivers over the 30.82, instead of uninstalling completely that one. Maybe I'll do that to get rid of the message.By the way, the readme file that comes with the driver download for WinXP doesn't say to uninstall anything before putting in the new driver. Naji

Same thing for me. You need to click on start then click on run Enter msconfig then click on tab start .Find the start up program for nvqtwk and uncheck the box. The next time you restart your computer it will not give you a error msg. That was left over from that nvav tweeking program you were using. It doesn't work on 40.72 Jim

Guest Dean

>I am getting the same error also, Uusing 98 SE!, can someone >tell please help! >>Kurt When your at the point where the installer tells you it can't find that file, select the browse function and point it to the directory you chose to unzip the driver to. It will find the missing file in that directory and proceed to load it. I think this is a glitch in Nvidia's installer because I get it with certain driver versions but not others. This also pops up with the Visiontek version of the 30.82 driver. I actual think the file is already installed because I have also just skipped it and restarted my computer without errors but I usually do what I outlined above to avoid any potential problems.

Help guys I have a problem with these 40.72 drivers.Tried the normal method of installation of changing the driver in the adapter tab but got errors so went via Detonator Destroyer.Win98SEGeForce 3Ti 200Uninstalled existing 30.82 drivers via control panel->add/remove programsWithout restarting ran Detonator destroyer and clicked 'uninstall' then 'close', Windows did NOT prompt for a restart so restarted manually.Selected std PIC vga, installed it and restarted PC, all OK.Changed adaptor to the GeForce3 Ti200 and was able to change display settings.However if I select the GeForce3 Ti200 tab in display settings I get an error msg 'An error occured while Windows was working with the control panel file C:windowssystemdesk.cpl'Help appreciated.

Thanks Jim for your advise. I thought you were absolutly right on. So I went into msconf and unchecked the box for the nvQtwk.dll and then rebooted.....Well, my computer would no longer function. So I had to use GoBack and took the computer back before I did that and now all is fine, except I am back to having that error message?????Paul