Sign in to follow this  
Guest Jaaky

nVidia 40.72 Drivers Now WHQL Certified

Guest jase439

I suggest you uninstall your drivers and run a program called Detonator Destroyer (www.guru3d.com). Reboot your system and then install the 40.72's.J

Guest Jaaky

Hi Frank,How are you?Looks like we're waiting for Ver 40.73 :-bla

Guest ScottPilot

Downloaded the drivers yesterday. I installed them right over the top of the beta ones and no problems!They are working great! Excellent color and smooooth graphics.Scott :-)Windows XP ProGeforce 4 MX 440 64MB Card from Visiontek

I installed the the driver and lost my 1600x1200x32 resolution...As a matter of fact,whenever I install a driver later than the 23.11 XP driver, I loose these settings...23.11 works perfectly..The highest resolution I can get when playing the game with this driver is 1600x1024x32..Would this be a result of my video card or is there a way I can fix this?ThanksTroySpecs:AMD 1.0GHZ @ 266FSB512MB DDR WinXP Pro (Coperate)GeForce 2 Pro 64MB60GB HHD x 7200RPMDirectX 8.1Creative SOund Blaster ProSony Trinitron Flat Screen (19")Saitek X45Desktop Resolution Max1920x1080x32

Guest artl

Ti 4200, Viewsonic PF790 at 100hz refresh, Windows XP pro:I got 40.72 downloaded and installed with no apparent problems, and it "works" for the two sims I run.... but the "additional properties..." button is grayed and non-active ... [snip] .... sorry... it was a case of RTFM :-) However:Also, on the nVidia site, when you ask for 3D Stereoscopic utilities, it directs you to a download page showing a "stereo" driver and a "display" driver shown as 30.87. A 30.87 driver does not appear in the archive... just 30.82. I downloaded that 30.87 "display" driver, but it will not extract the components, complaining that the downloaded file is "corrupt"... Several downloads equal same result. Anybody have an insight???Art.

It worked for me, many thanks Jim. I'm staying on 40.71; textures on my setup are sharper than with 40.72.

Guest Jaaky

The WinXP version seems to be OK.The problems are when installing with WinME (and 98SE???).

Guest Jaaky

From the NVidea site:***NOTE: If you experienced difficulty with this driver between November 8th and 11th, please download again. We have corrected the issue and updated the file.***:-)