Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zacherius8

Bumpmap essentials (FSX)

>>Nice but as with every effect it should not being overdone>>more in balance like the real thing ;-)>>>>Keep up the great work ;-)>>>>Cheers,>>>>Andr

André

Guest Zacherius8

>Tip play a little with eraser brush with different shapes and>opacity takes time but rewarding afterwards :-)>It's always fun to play with the brushes he ;-)>>Is this Coolsky super 80 does it support bump/fresnal/specular>maps?>>Cheers,>>Andr

If you generated a bump map you can change the heights with that brush ;-) if you work with CS2 or PSD it's common knowledge ;-)Have fun with the brush :-)Cheers,Andr

André

Guest Zacherius8

>If you generated a bump map you can change the heights with>that brush ;-) if you work with CS2 or PSD it's common>knowledge ;-)>>Have fun with the brush :-)>>Cheers,>>Andr

>Still, I've been searching for some of your bump map work, but>there's none to find. At least, none you shared. You aren't>just giving tips without really knowing yourself what ya'r>doin aren't you Andr

André

Guest Zacherius8

Oh I know you Andre, don't worry about that. I've seen your name pass by loads of times, in different fora and I'm not saying I can't learn from you. I'm just waiting on your pictures of your bump map skills..For instance, I didn't know about the fact about imagtool you just told. I'm merely following a tutorial on how to convert my bump map textures from CS to FS. If that's not correct/or there's a loss of pixels there, I'd say : share some of your knowledge on this issue. Untill that time, I'm staying on course of the tutorial Terry Gaff wrote. I didn't know Jack A. about speculars either, thanks for the little info on this subject in the LDS forum!!About your LDS paints, they're not zoomed in enough for me to see the detail and to be really frank with you : the MPH is not that special, just some white with red. No customized wear or dirt. The AA is something special though... gotto hand you that.Oh and the SAS uses standard specular maps, didn't say I edited those. The bump maps...just the doors. I ad a little to every paint.You keep up the good work as well! And if I have any questions, I hope you don't mind me knocking at your door..;)

The Sas is a nice paint but what I was trying to say nothing special for the maps ;-)First I don't use the standard paint kits I make my own textures ;-)Textomatic is for the beginner excellent but as you will discover you want to do a lot more at least I had the experience... No wear and dirt on my paints :-lol do a search in the library on my name :-lolSee the FS9 Martinair version for example... Do you use CS2? or 3 or any photoshop version?Are you Dutch I'm so we could do our conversation via email? and leave the screenshot forum for that purpose...Ps... if you do know me you didn't question my skills but should know that I'm just sharing from a large experience in the FS world and outside ;-)...Other wise I ask how to do it... or I'm silent lol Have fun :-)Cheers,Andr

André

that's a lot of smilies...anyway, the above pics with the bump mapped textures look perfect to me....not sure how they would be too overdone...????

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Guest Zacherius8

>The Sas is a nice paint but what I was trying to say nothing>special for the maps ;-)>First I don't use the standard paint kits I make my own>textures ;-)>Textomatic is for the beginner excellent but as you will>discover you want to do a lot more at least I had the>experience...> >No wear and dirt on my paints :-lol do a search in the library>on my name :-lol>See the FS9 Martinair version for example... >>Do you use CS2? or 3 or any photoshop version?>>Are you Dutch I'm so we could do our conversation via email?>and leave the screenshot forum for that purpose...>>Ps... if you do know me you didn't question my skills but>should know that I'm just sharing from a large experience in>the FS world and outside ;-)...>Other wise I ask how to do it... or I'm silent lol >>Have fun :-)>>Cheers,>>Andr

Guest dths30

Zacherius8,Your paints still leave a lot to be desired, especially after having downloaded your work on the Level-D. I think you'd better be a little more welcome to criticism.

Guest Zacherius8

>Zacherius8,>>Your paints still leave a lot to be desired, especially after>having downloaded your work on the Level-D. I think you'd>better be a little more welcome to criticism. 'Really'?Tell you what ; as soon as I need some advice on how to use the paintbucket tool on a livery, I'll send you a p.m. allright? You seem to be an expert on that area..Let's face it Demetris, I've been painting for a mere two months now and allready do my paint superseed yours, while you've been at it for how long now? Three years? Oh no, four. I hope people didn't critize you back then after your first couple of repaints, like you do now.Don't be angry with me cause I took a shot at one of your fellow project airbus repainters on the 'photoreal' issue. I just don't like photoreal repaints. It's easy, and it looks akward compared to FS9 (and some extend FSX, but that will wear of once other add-ons will be more photoreal as well).I'll take critisme any time. I don't know everything, what I've said before : I've been painting for 2 months now, there's no way I could do without advice.I just don't need yours..

Zacherius8 I still don't know your real name? I'm not here for the contest who is the best or have the most knowledge or confirmation of my level of work ;-)Just for my passions about aviation and the brush.That I'm sharing with my fellow simmers and you can't please them all it's all "in the eye of the beholder".I applaud every one with whatever skills that contribute to our beloved hobby / passion... and have respect for the hours invested.So in that sense there isn't bad or good work it's all great "photo real" or just "hand painted" ;-)A good photo real paint takes a lot of effort too ;-) You are in a wonderful community in which we have the attitude to be friendly and share knowledge to help each other to get the most out of it... I learn still every day new effect but also life lessons....I notice with the trained eye indeed that you justed started painting...Nothing wrong with that but just sharing some useful knowledge which maybe could be helpful to you...But instead of embracing the offer you reject it or asking for prove and question directly people skills which you never have spoken to of even seen in real life ;-)My remarks where meant to give you friendly advice and to speed up things on your end.If you have an open mind and polite in this community you probably are up for a wonderful journey and make some friends for life along the way...So your paint is nice and keep up the great work...Consider this: maybe it could be that we have some wonderful folks around here from which you can learn a lot... Your choice and just have fun with the brush ;-)Cheers,Andr

André

Guest dths30

>>Zacherius8,>>>>Your paints still leave a lot to be desired, especially>after>>having downloaded your work on the Level-D. I think you'd>>better be a little more welcome to criticism. >>'Really'?>>Tell you what ; as soon as I need some advice on how to use>the paintbucket tool on a livery, I'll send you a p.m.>allright? You seem to be an expert on that area..>>Let's face it Demetris, I've been painting for a mere two>months now and allready do my paint superseed yours, while>you've been at it for how long now? Three years? Oh no, four.>I hope people didn't critize you back then after your first>couple of repaints, like you do now.>>Don't be angry with me cause I took a shot at one of your>fellow project airbus repainters on the 'photoreal' issue. I>just don't like photoreal repaints. It's easy, and it looks>akward compared to FS9 (and some extend FSX, but that will>wear of once other add-ons will be more photoreal as well).>>I'll take critisme any time. I don't know everything, what>I've said before : I've been painting for 2 months now,>there's no way I could do without advice.>>I just don't need yours..>>You seem to have developed some kind of internet hatred towards me, I wonder why? I don't do photoreal, all my work is handpainted. The guy you're referring to is not a member of Project Airbus and has no affiliation with us. Get your facts straight for a start.It is quite obvious you do not surpass the mental age of five so I will leave it here.Oh, by the way, when was the last time you developed a flightsim add-on?People like you are the nemesis of this community.

Guest dths30

I did give you advice on the first page but you snapped with, >'Really?':-roll Furthermore, in reply 24 you state you don't need my advice. Good going, contradicting yourself.