Sign in to follow this  

A bit of a frame rate problem.

I'm even surprised you get 10 FPS with that system

Guest ScottPilot

Howdy,I noticed that you video card memory is reported at 2MB. That may have something to do with your frame rate. I have a Visiontek Xtasty Geforce 4 64MB card and my average frame rates are around 18-20 FPS. The sim is very smooth for me at those frames rates, but if your video card only has 2MB of memory, that's not going to be enough for Flight Simulator to run very well.Anyways, you might consider upgrading to a Nvidia Geforce card.Scott :-)ATP/CFIIP.S. I see your a fellow Falcon 20 pilot. I am typed in the Falcon 20, flew one for 4 years. Great Jet! N666DA, SN129.

Guest SlimDady

Ahaha.. I had a similar system.. when i ran 2000.. but i had a voodoo 2yea 10 fps is amazing for that.. from what I see that s3 video card sucks.You are prob not even running fs in harware render.. Its prob stuck in software.10 fps is damn good for what u got.. U hsould be happy

It's a nice jet, very easy to fly, we have a fleet of about 15 Falcon 20's, 15 Lear 24's, 2 737's and 3 DC-9's. I think I'll buy one of these, probably run fs2k2 a lot better.

yeah, I run a fairly bad system:Intel Celeron 633mhz256mb SDRAM11mb Graphics Accelerator30gb HDDand I get only about 5 fps on the ground and 10 from the cockpit when flying. don't even mention spot view... :(You are doing amazing with what you've got. :)

Guest flightpro08

Gateway's offering a P4 2.0GHZ for $399.00 after rebate......Run don't walk.Simming for Life!

Whoa, isn't that even below Microsoft's stated minimum requirements?Kitty MercuryCathay Pacific Virtual Pilot (CX252)

Can't believe someone would even ask this question with that system....Time for a new comp!