Sign in to follow this  
Guest SD Sim

Yet another FS Sky World SE question

Guest SD Sim

Before being burnt to a crisp :-vuur, I would just like to point out that I have read many of the previous threads regarding FS Sky World SE. Now, I have always thought that I was a regular user of the first edition; but as I have read many of the threads, and done my own homework, I now have my doubts.I will try to make this question/statement as concise as possible -When I normally use FS2K2pro with the Jeppesen weather, I gather that the sim uses the default MS clouds found in the root MSFS2K2 texture folder. If I want to use the Chris Willis clouds, I have to first run the FS Sky World executable, which will access the cloud textures found in the FS Sky World cloud package folder, which in turn is found inside the main texture folder. If I don't run FS Sky World, then I will be, by default, using the standard MS clouds.Is the above statement correct? Am I finally starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel? The reason I am being so compulsive is that I normally use WidevieW on three computers, and I'm trying to understand, once and for all, how to correctly use Chris's clouds.If the above assumption is correct, then I need FS Sky World on all three computers so that the appropriate textures are accessed for all three. Otherwise, when WidevieW attempts to hand off the weather to the clients, all they will see are the default MS textures. This would also seem to exclude using the random load feature, as the three computers would then be running different textures at any given time.I hope that my question is clear, and someone (Chris?) can give me a simple answer.

Hi, If I don't run FS Sky World, then I will be, by default, using the standard MS clouds."No, the last clouds set installed with fs sky world se will always remain in your fs2002textureThe utility install the texture in fs2002textureIf you have 3 computer with fs 2002 installed on each computer, you should have fs sky world se installed for each computer.If you have 3 computer and only one fs2002 installed in one computer, you should have only one Fs Sky World Se installed.It's simple, the utility copy the clouds in fs2002texture when you press install button or by enabled the auto install thats allow you all fsw clouds and preserving the real world metar download during your flight.for more help read the readme in fs sky world se and our forumThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

Guest SD Sim

Hi Chris,Thank you. I forgot to mention that I did read the read-me, however that still left me somewhat confused. That's why I turned to the archives next. Your response here answers more questions, and I will do some more homework before asking another set of questions. Thanks for your help.Edit - bloody spell checkers never work :-lol