Sign in to follow this  
jordanal

Can I use my Sidewinder ForceFeedBack Wheel Gas/Brake p

I've had a Sidewinder ForceFeedBack Racing Wheel USB for almost 2 years now and have never thought of using the gas/brake pedals as rudder pedals in flight simulation.I'm sorry if this is a dumb question, but is it possible to use them as rudder pedals?I use a Sidewinder Precision Pro (Game Port) flight stick for flying, and using a rudder pedals with it would be great and more realistic.Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hi, I am doing exactly that, using a joystick in combination with the pedals from my Sidewinder wheel. Setting it up is simple, just make sure your steering wheel is connected then start up FS and go to the control assignment menu. Click on the "joystick axis" tab then select "Sidewinder Force Feedback wheel" from the "joystick type" drop-down box. Search for the rudder assignment entry, double-click it, and step on one of your pedals to set the mapping. Be sure to check the "reverse mapping" checkbox or else the rudders will operate in a backwards fashion.Have fun!-Derek

bro, you just made me so happy.I too had the wheel for ages and distinctly remember hoping it would work but then for whatever reason couldn't get it to, then i read this and went and figured it out. Man, I've been trying to fly MS helicopters for years with a twistgrip and finally for the first time I'm hanging out between the skyscrapers in a perfect hover.Forums can be so wonderful :)thanks,to think i've been flying all this time with my feet resting on unused rudder pedals!!mp

Yup, been working for me like this for quite a while too. Just purchased the CHProducts-Yoke and with the wheel-pedals and VC; seems more realistic. BTW, make sure your Sidewinder Controller software profile has the pedals set for "combined" and not "seperate".AL

Regards,
Al Jordan | KCAE

Hellois it also possible to combine gameport pedals with a flight yoke or is it only possible if one of the items is usb?thanksadam