Sign in to follow this  
Guest ba747heavy

Back again!

Guest rmce

Hi All,Its been a few years since last visit, but upgraded computer to 2.4 so re purchased Fs2KPro with Dreamfleets 737-400.Installed with XP no problems..Well, we have moved on eh?I beta tested Fs98, and cannot belive the stuff I am seeing on the screen. Got a Flat Screen monitor with GForce 64 video card, and it is superb rendition, with P4 2.4 runninmg sim at 28-30fps!The learning curve for 737-400 with FMC's et al is to say the least daunting.Just love the vocalizations from Captain and crew. Now where did I put that microphone for some Scottish phrases to be recorded, such as "wee ur going doon man!" as this will be the case as I deep earth garden with 747 and its FMC's etc.Any advice gratefully received!

Guest ba747heavy

Advice -- Buy a new video card and buy 767 PIC :-)Glad you 'rediscovered' flight sim!!Clear skie

Guest rmce

Thanks for input!Gotta admit the G Force seems to be handling everything at full blast. I have 512 MB RAM in computer so that may be helping!767? Is that another commercial add on?See,, I am out of touch!Rmce

Guest crashing_pilot

wow....where have you been my friend?????mars? :-)767 pilot in command is THE best panel made!!!!visit www.wilcopub.com and find out....the dreamfleet is good....but pic is the best...and welcome back mate :-)Tom van der Elst

Guest ba747heavy

:-) You do have a killer rig dude. However, you want to make the visuals look better, and maybe get a few more FPS out of the deal, get a nice card like a Ti4600, or a Ti4200 if you are an overclocker.As for 767 PIC, I would pop on over to the 767 PIC forum here at avsim and see whats goin on. I would recommend getting a landingVFR view from crm(something like that. It is a major thread right now in the 767 forum, you can't miss it). Grab the 767 PICPOSKY merge from Lee. Just search for 'Merge' in the 767 forum.Again, welcome back