Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

Acceleration Beta.. please do not post until it's released

Guest Staggerwing

>Have to say I disagree that this particular issue should fall>under Avsim's normal ruling about commercial products. This>is a free enhancement to FS itself, not a third party addon. >Surely, the whip is being cracked unnecessarily here!>>If Avsim take the rules too literally, we had better withdraw>all pictures that are taken using MS Flight Simulator, perhaps>:) It is a commercial product, after all.>>MarkMark, You MAY have a problem when you try to walk out of the store with your copy in hand :-)Screen shots shown by private owners of a sim or add-on would be sharing the fun with other simmers, shots posted by a commercial developer or their team would be sales promotion.Not to worry, there will be TONS of screen shots in the forum after FSX owners buy their copy.

>Not to worry, there will be TONS of screen shots in the forum>after FSX owners buy their copy.By that time, it will be "old news..."Technically speaking, the former beta testers now OWN their RTM copies of FSX Acceleration, and should no longer be considered "employees or associates" by any stretch of the definition. :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Not on Avsim, that's for sure. Not only is their forum system ancient, their rules are silly.

I hang around for the useful tidbits of information that pass through these Internet tubes. I also enjoy reading ACES' team member posts. And companies I buy add-ons from have their forums here. I also find Brian's (NotaSenator) constant unwavering defense of ACES quite humorous. It's not all bad...but these rules are downright silly. For instance there is no other forum I have ever seen that doesn't allow you to post links to YouTube with copyright music. And of course this thing about not posting screenshots of the beta. On top of that, like I said, this forum system is ancient.

Guest unitedpilot36

I agree. What a ridiculous rule, the NDA has been lifted and we've all been waiting to see Acceleration screenshots. Heck, it would boost sales of Acceleration and Avsim would gain a lot more members, but no, your way is good... *rolls eyes in a sarcastic fashion*

Section 6d: of Youtube user usage-"In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant YouTube all of the license rights granted herein."Youtube doesn't allow it either. Being so big they are not always on top of it-but they get around to it eventually. I have seen several videos removed by youtube that I happened to be one of the wronged copyrighted music party on-so it isn't just here that this happens.Those sites not doing so are for sure risking legal problems at some point.I find your conitnual putting down of a site that is provided freely "not humorous". I assume when you visit a friend-you accept his rules of the house.If you don't, you either don't visit, or your friend will show you the door if you can't abide his house rules. Considering some of the past complaints from fellow simmers, and your antagonism to this site-I am very close to showing the door to you.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

I am going to leap into this fray and bring an end to it... After I have my say of course.If you find our rules "silly", then it is very simple. Leave. Don't come back. Don't darken our doorstep. Don't partake in the free services provided here. Don't sit on our couch and tell us how bad our hospitality is. If you choose to stay, then keep your opinion of our rules to yourself. When you signed up for an account here, you agreed to abide by them. Obviously, if you stay, then the rules are not that "silly" and you will be held to account in obeying them.Simple.

Look you asked for my opinion and you got it. This forum has it's good sides and it's bad sides to it.I'm going to stop replying to your posts in this threads because clearly my opinions differing from yours are grounds for being banned. And I wouldn't want that, after all the commercial vendors who I've bought products from have their forums here, and it would make me a very irate customer to lose access to them over a disagreement of opinion.

Hey-Air-It isn't opinion that copyright violations are not allowed here (or on youtube)-that is clearly stated in our rules.It is an opinion that you stated :"I also find Brian's (NotaSenator) constant unwavering defense of ACES quite humorous. It's not all bad...but these rules are downright silly."My "opinion" is based on the past complaints from fellow simmers, that you not push your luck by insulting those who provide you a free home here.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpgForum Moderatorhttp://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/