Sign in to follow this  

Twotter needs trim adjustment!

Is there a way to adjust the trim sensitivity in the aircraft.cfg file? The new Lago Twotter's trim on my sytem is way to sensitive. You move it just a little bit and it either rapidly climbs or descends. Other than that it is a nice bird.Thanks,JohnnyKTUS

How are the skins? What I saw on their site as screen caps didnt look like much. However they were probably beta stuff. Had way, way too much alpha channel. Not impressed at least based on those.I'd love to see some release pics of the VC and the externals before thinking of buying this one. Eric

rexesssig.jpg AND ftx_supporter_avsim.jpg

When you can take a break from playing with your new toy, could you do me a favor an post some screenies of the visual model? Also, what liveries are included besides the British Antacrctic Survey, BA Express, and the white & orange float livery?

Same here. As a quick fix I did change the values in the aircraft.cfg in the section (flight tuning).First I have to mention I fly with a CH-Yoke, the sensitivities in FS2002 are all about 95% fully to the right and the Null zones about 20%. In FS2002.cfg I have added the line in the controls-section: (CONTROLS)PAN_RATE=400stick_sensitivity_mode=0The following applies to the wheel-version of the Twin Otter. I did not test the other models as yet.Here's the fix I made in the aircraft.cfg for the elevator and elevator trim effectiveness (make a complete back-up first of the aircraft.cfg - e.g. copy to aircraft.cfg_orignal.The values I changed are in the section flight_tuning (play with the figures until it feels right for you. Remember to save the file after every change and re-load the aircraft for them to take effect).(flight_tuning) (in the .cfg file the brackets are square brackets)elevator_effectiveness=0.800elevator_trim_effectiveness=0.300These settings work perfectly for me (except when lowering the flaps to full - the nose-dive is hard to compensate/trim, I don't know if this is experienced as strong in the real Twin Otter) Another word to the sound.I strongly recommend to download the beautiful DHC-6 soundfiles created by Aaron R. Swindle of Skysong Soundworks. I got the two fliles at flightsim.com under prosnd-1.zip and prosnd-2.zip. These sounds add tremendously to the enjoyment as they are truly awesome IMHO.While I'm at it - here is one more of my preferences:As I usually fly in VC mode, I set the zoom to 0.60 or 0.65 (when in VC, select Views, View Options). The outside world just seems to look more 'true to life' this way (when saving the situation after the zoom-change, FS loads the flight with this setting).Thus making it necessary to adjust the views of all VC's to my liking (I'm a big fan of having the feeling of sitting right there, left seat, the panel not too far away to be touched). As for the Twin Otter - my settings in aircraft.cfg are as follows(If you want to try this out, look for the view section and disable the original line by adding two slashes to the original line //eyepoint...).My new setting with zoom 0.60 reads: eyepoint=8.55, -1.50, 2.60If you like this, you might also want to change the zoom setting in the 2D cockpit. For this, open the panel.cfg (after having made a backup of course) and look for the section (VIEWS) - square brackets in the cfg. file!Then alter or add the line VIEW_FORWARD_ZOOM=0.65if there's no (VIEW) section, create one right after the section (Window Titles). Remember - in the .cfg files the brackets are all square brackets. With all these changes/modifications, together with the beautiful new sound, flying the 'Twotter' is a very much enjoyable experience I wouldn't want to miss.Daniel

Guest eko

Why should somebody need to download a freeware sound package for a product you just paid $20 for? (Don't forget, if you got the standard version, that's almost half the price of the ENTIRE sim!)Have folks finally gone insane?I've already heard reports that the AIR file is simply a copy of the default King Air 350 air file with modifications in the aircraft.cfg file. (Don't own the product, can't confirm.) The forums at LAGO are a mess with more crash reports than a demolition derby.LAGO is a great company, and Mathias is one of the most friendly and helpful developers I've ever seen grace these forums... but I think LAGO swung and missed this particular pitch.

You're absolutely right.I was looking forward to get a superb package with the Twin Otter - only to to find out it needs a lot of tweaks and future patches. Install was not a problem for me, but there are other issues with the flight modelling I didn't mention. Perhaps they are no issues at all, maybe we have to learn to fly this baby in the correct way.... if I just could set her down at 70-60kts with flaps 20 ;-)The sound is by far not up to my expectations. I did recommend Skysong Soundworks because I'd like fellow simmers to be aware of them and try them out. Each to his liking..Well then, next time rather wait for the reviews...Daniel

Guest eko

There is no doubt that the Otter sound package by Swindle is in a class by itself. I find it hard to believe how anybody could improve upon those.We are in total agremeent there.But if I paid money for something, I'd certainly have the expectation that it was "at least" as good as anything freeware.Think about it... you can go download a Premiercraft Otter for free, and it will probably fly better than something you just spent $20 bucks on. I'd really like to get my hands on this Otter so I could give it a good once over, and validate all the fuss I'm hearing.Why did this have to happen to LAGO. They are such a good company. I'm VERY surprised their QA let this one slip through the cracks.Thankfully, because they are such a good company, they are going to bend over backwards to try and make everybody as happy as possible, as soon as possible. But, if the product itself is inherently flawed, they are going to take a big PR hit with this one.

Right again. The first patch is already on it's way, according to LAGO's statement on their site.I did some more touch'n goes in the meantime and I must say I do like these Twin Otters (been somewhat of a DHC-6 fan ever since FS2000). Unfortunately I cannot use the freeware one with VC (by Eric Dant