Sign in to follow this  
JimBob

Taxiwaysigns.com

This was a really great project that was quite active earlier this year.... but there have been no updates since 7/23/02.Does anyone know what happened?Does anyone know of other similar sites?Thanks,James

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the fellow in charge is or was in the process of moving...

I belive there have been a couple of new additions to the AVSIM file library...

Guest flightpro08

Love those taxiway signs is it possible to see some Asian airports'?

Having been actively involved in helping Thomas run the Taxiwaysigns.com project, I wish I could tell everyone more. Since his job change and move this summer, I've only heard from him once and have no idea if he'll get it started again.I know many of you have offered to help make or beta test new sceneries. Unfortunately I'm not able to devote the amount of time it takes to teach new designers nor am I able to administer scenery designs anymore.In the meantime, I've released a number of airport taxiway signs here at Avsim over the past few months, including:KORD - Chicago O'HareKGRB - Green Bay, WIKFSD - Sioux Falls, SDKSTP - St. Paul DowntownKMIC - Minneapolis CrystalKFCM - Minneapolis Flying CloudKLSE - LaCrosse, WISearch the file library for xxxxsigns.zip, where xxxx is the airport id.Mike Behnkemike@taxiwaysigns.comPS, no requests for additional airports please.

There have been a lot of freeware add-on's and I count this one as right up near the top and would hate to see it die and un-necessary death. Is this a process that could be passed along to someone else to continue the development or is the process a secured possession of the original developer of the web site. I'm an old programmer, currently long term disabled and have the time and background ( I think ) to , at least in the short term , learn the process and continue some development. If for no other reason that I would like to have signs for the larger airports I fly out of in the northeast. Just thinking out loud!

provide some airport charts, of the airports you want...but do not "overload" :-P---------Sandor Feldifeldi-NOSPAM-@email.si (remove -NOSPAM-)Taxiwaysigns.com Scenery Designer & Beta Tester