Sign in to follow this  
Guest ScottPilot

Would you buy Visiontek?

I saw a Visiontek Xtasy GF4 Ti 4200 128m video card, selling for $139.00. Giving some thought to buying it. However, with Visiontek either out of business or going out, I don't know.What do you guys think? Would you buy it?

I have their 4600 and am perfectly happy. No problems whatsoeverBobG

Guest flightpro08

All GeForce cards, irrespective of manuafacturer, follow Nvidia's reference spec and thus use the Nvidia drivers availiable at www.nvidia.com - you shouldn't have any problems with it and the driver updates from the site will work just fine. I have a Gainward GF3 and I don't think I've ever installed the Gainward-stamped drivers...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I'm also interested in the same card and I called Visiontek's technical department for some information.The techie (James), was extremely helpful and friendly. He went out of his way to search Dell's site to find out speciific information about my Dell computer to see if the card would be compatible.I asked him about the company's health and told him I had read a post about their possibly going out of business. He indicated they seemed to have gotten things straightened out. Who knows?I'd consider getting the card unless I heard any further information which indicated they might go out of business.I don't know any more about Visiontek's business status, but i definitley like the response I got from their helpful and friendly technical department. WHere did you see the card for $139?

hi,I think I would go ahead and buy it I have a visiontek geforce 2 mx400 (old card) and its put up with everything its been oced since I bought it, like 2-3 years ago and its still going strong. If that geforce 4 is of the same quality it should be able to do the same.Andrew :-wave

I saw it at a company called CompuVest.com. It's a "white box" item. Meaning, it does not come with a box. Thanks

Guest ScottPilot

Go for it. My last two cards have been Visiontek and I have always been happy with them.As far as Visiontek going out of business, that may not be true. I recently talked to one of Visiontek's tech support reps, and he told me that Visiontek's future has not been decided as of yet.Anyways, if you use Nvidia's drivers, you will have no problems with the card, even if Visiontek ever goes away!Scott :-)