Sign in to follow this  

Saitek X36 + Windows XP + SST software...got it working

Guest bfindlay

Ok, I was pleased to see that Saitek has a version of programming software that works with XP. Since I bought my XP machine, I was stuck with the programability built into whatever games I had - no mode control or others.So, I installed the SST software - according to the manual. It 'works' in that I tested it and it sends key strokes to a word processor just fine, but in FS2k2 - nothing.I started with trying to get either the mouse cursor control, or the fire buttons A and B to act as flap controls - ie to send F6 and F7. Nothing at all - no reaction in the sim.So my question is - 'Do you have a saitek product and Windows XP working (ie programming) with FS2K2?'- follow up question is obviously - HOW??

Guest jason2112

I did not dare to use the SST software, because so many people had problems with it under XP. I just reinstalled XP an my new hard disk, and installation of the Dhauzimmer drivers (provided on the aforementioned saitekhelp.simhq.com) was absolutely without problems. I used them on my previous installation as well, after starting with the XP default drivers - which don't allow for pinkie shift and mode switching.Combine the Dhauzimmer drivers with HazardScript from the same site, and you'll have programmability without any compatibility or stability problems. The text file configuration for HazardScript is really very simple, don't be afraid of that!Bye,VOlker :]P.S.: If you give Dhauzimmer/HazardScript a try and have any problems, feel free to contact me at mailto:volker@vjn.de

For what it's worth, I am using the newer XP DRIVER that's available on the Saitek site but did NOT use the programming software: once you have the XP driver in place, FS2002 will recognize most of the buttons on the stick/throttle ( the mode switches don't seem to do anything, for example) and you can use the X-36 ( or X-45 for that matter) pretty well. I would also suspect that you can use the facility in FSUIPC to program actions if you need to get more complex although I personally have no experience with that.The Saitek programming software has not seemed to work well since Win98; Don't know why they don't seem to be able to get it right, but so far they haven't.Hope this is helpful,Best RegardsEd Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Wrestled with the same problem ever since changing from 98SE to XP Pro. Tried the SST stuff when I found it... and I was so happy... NOT.Not only did it not work... I did not even get the X36 to show up in the 'game controler' window. Only my CH Pro Pedals showed....kinda lonely.So I nuked the USB drivers, de-installed the Saitek software and downloaded the Dhauzimmer drivers and programs.It took another few restarts and clicks and presses... but in the end my Saitek stick all of a sudden showed up. But it did not work.... Some more reading of endless 'readme' files made me discover the Query.exe.So now I have to go to a 'prompt window' (DOS????) and type 'Query default.bpf' to load a profile....and THEN it works.I have not ventured to program anything yet.... I assigned the normal key strokes and joystick axis and so far it works in FS2002... although I keep forgetting to run that Quey program each time of course.... :-lolI WILL get another jostick one of these days... :-( :-outta Francois :-wave[table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=0][tr][td valign=bottom" align="center]"At home in the wild"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][link:avsim.com/alaska/alaska_052.htm]Don's Alaskan Bush Charters]"Beavers Lead the Way"[/td][td valign=bottom" align="center][br][tr][td valign=top" align="center]http://bfu.avsim.net/sigpics/logo75b.gif[/td][td valign="top" align="left" colspan=2]http://www.fssupport.com/images/moose2.gif[/td][tr][/table

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

I haven't used the programming before but I just had a quick trial and it worked fine on my x45. I am using 2.7.0.1 although there is a more recent version.I opened the profiler, pic of joystick on left and button boxes on right. I clicked on the button box for the down arrow on hat2. The button box depresses and the cursor appears in the box. I press f7 and f7 appears in box. I then click on the green tick button at the bottom of the box. Button box returns to normal but now has f7 in it. Repeat process assigning f6 to hat2 up arrow.Go to file/save as and save profile as fs2002 then exit profilerRight click on joystick icon in taskbar to get menu. At top of menu is profile fs2002. Click on fs2002 to select profile. Joystick icon on taskbar now has green box around it showing a profile is loaded.Start fs2002 and up and down on hat2 now extends/ retracts my flaps.However, I don't know whether the new software supports the x36. Check in readme or on saiteks site. Their own help forum is pretty good with saitek staff usually responding quickly.bailout>Ok, I was pleased to see that Saitek has a version of >programming software that works with XP. Since I bought my >XP machine, I was stuck with the programability built into >whatever games I had - no mode control or others. >>So, I installed the SST software - according to the manual. >It 'works' in that I tested it and it sends key strokes to a >word processor just fine, but in FS2k2 - nothing. >>I started with trying to get either the mouse cursor >control, or the fire buttons A and B to act as flap controls >- ie to send F6 and F7. Nothing at all - no reaction in the >sim. >>So my question is - 'Do you have a saitek product and >Windows XP working (ie programming) with FS2K2?' >>- follow up question is obviously - HOW??