Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zacherius8

Airbus prime colors for SIA's A380!!!

Guest dandan2005

I'm not even a painter and I can see where Tom's paint has been copied, the shadows all fall in the same places on the tail, its too much of a coincidence I'm afraid :(

UH OH... I see Tom's tail in someone's work that is NOT Tom's.. I hope I am wrong, because Tom is one heck of a painter and I would hate to see McPhat basically, stealing work... :-outta

Guest Zacherius8

>Point 1: The orange strip at the rear is far closer in colour>to mine than yours.>>Point 2: There is a line of shadow present on both my paintkit>and the paint you're showing us, but not on your paintkit. See>how it runs through the SIA logo.>>Point 3: That same stripe is evident further down, enforcing>my second point.>>In general too, the logo I've used is of a much closer colour>to what you're showing there, and again unlike what you have>on the paintkit. Tom,The screenshots were made by me. Like mentioned before about the dark belly : I edited these, basically cause I am (like you) a sucker for more intens colors which would justify the difference in colors between the psd and the jpeg. About your comparison with the Air Berlin in the back : You don't see that spot op light glare on the forward section of the fuse on that 737 that you can clearly see on the A380, so that's not really a fair comparison. The 737 is static AI from the scenery and these never sport any alpha layers or effects that you see in FS. Static AI is never as detailed in terms of light shades etcAlso mentioned before : If you send me your email adres via pb, we'll be happy to send you the PSD. I do expect you to rectify your findings here though, when you've examined it.;)Zach.

Guest dandan2005

I hope staggerwing lets me post this image as I have examined the tail image once more and have highlighted where certain features are identical on both paints. You be the judge.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/180874.jpg1. The 2 shadows here are placed in the exact same spot at the exact same distance. Too much of a coincidence to have been drawn by 2 different artists2. The gradient from light to dark is also in the exact same spot on the seperate paints. 3. Tom's "scratchings" in the upper part can be seen faintly under McPhat's roughed up version of the tail, especially when the image is brightened

Zach,Whilst I don't refute that the tail shown in the paintkit preview is different to mine altogether, it's the tail in the shots themselves that is totally different in most respects (apart from the scratch layers) to what you've got on the paintkit there. I think there's some back-tracking going on here as those shots themselves are showing my tail with some scratch layers on top. Further proof; look at the shadowing, again present on both my tail and your screenshots but not on your paintkit:http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/9731/tailcompare2pi0.jpgLook again at the colour of the SIA logo too ;)One other thing - on your "base textures" preview in the image above the SIA logo has clearly been hastily pasted on top of all the other layers rather than sitting below.I think we can all agree this is getting a little boring now; it's just a tail after all. I'm just asking that you don't use my work and I wish "McPhat Studios" all the best with your future paints. The rest of this paint (i.e. the fuselage etc) is done really nicely so I'm looking forward to giving her a go. That's just what makes it so surprising that you resorted to using my tail when you guys have the skill to do it yourselves...

Guest Zacherius8

Let me 'defend' myself one last time :Like all artists (if I may call myself that, just for this one example), we keep a close eye to what other repainters produce and release. My take is that we're not the only one doing this. The reason for that is :A. Because 'our' way is not the 'right' way and there's always something that can be learned from other artists. Our photoshop and Illustrator knowledge should be sufficient to be able to come up with our own set of repaints, but that doesn't mean that other repainters have techniques that we can learn something from.B. When choosing a new model to paint for, we need to know wether or not the 'repaintmarket' for that particular model is allready accounted for. In other words : How are the repaints that are allready available for this model how many are there available and are the ones available from a bad quality, so we can top them as a repaintgroup, or are they that good, that there's no way we can top them? No use in painting for Level-D since Andr

Guest Karen MCP

This is getting boring yes. I could say that the logo looks pasted, cause Itook out the opacity of the blue tail, and lifted it above all layers, soyou could see that tebasetextures are differently build than yours. I could say lots of things,but you areentitled to your opinion.I work in the design industry for a couple of years now, and if I would usesomebody else's work,because I 'was not able to reproduce it, or because I'mjust plain lazy, Iwould have contacted the person. Manners that I had even before myprofessional life.No hard feelings, there's plenty of repaintroom to go around. I do like yourskills, maybe not all of them, but like I said in an earlier post : If onlyI could get my handson your PSD's (and I would ASK first).....;)

"The funny thing is when we googled the Simmers Sky repaint kit just last week, we bumped into Tom's repaints on IFDG's forum and decided to take Tom head on in the Overland/SMS A380 repaint area. Call it 'healthy competition', call it whatever you like."I don't compete against others when it comes to painting; I enjoy painting in my own particular style that if others happen to enjoy then it's a bonus. I acknowledge that we all have different philosophies when it comes to shadowing, shine & reflections etc; my belief is that FS is inadequate in shading etc and so I like to try and substitute that with static effects. Ideal? No, but when FS builds a better graphics engine I'll start simplifying my paints.

wow Zach, you sure do have tabs on your own painting ability.Since you're up for comparing work you should take a look at some of your own stuff.. think the fact you're saying someone's work 'sucks' is a case of the pot calling the kettle black! :-roll

Cheers,

John Tavendale
Textures by Tavers - https://www.facebook.com/texturesbytavers

Guest dths30

WOW. The hypocrisy. Again. I think it's killing me.

Guest Zacherius8

Non, no, no guys!!! Please, before this gets out of hand : Yes John, some of the paints I released a couple of months ago, DO suck, yes they do. To my defence : The Level-D's your refering to were some of my first repaints. Would you second that you also made some mistakes in your early repainting days? Or have your paints always been flawlesly good looking?I tried to explain in a diplomatic way that Tom's and our techniques aren't the same, nor is his one better, or ours better. I only tried to say that he uses a technique that we won't use, nor copy. What I also mentioned in my post a couple of times is that (And I quote) : 1. Tom is a h*ll of a good repainter2. "His techniques, ESPECIALLY the one he uses on all his tails look splendid...."I also mentioned that we (or I for that matter) are not Repaint-allmighty and that we both have different standards to what is beautifull. His being shiny, ours being weathered. Some users will like his better, some will like ours better.Maybe I shouldn't have used the words : "your tail sucks", it was only to emphasise that we wouldn't use it. Like I said before : I praised Tom's work very often in the past. Don't get all fired up cause I misused the word "sucks". Besides, there's a smiley right there in that sentence to break it down somewhat.Funny on how one sentence can draw the attraction in a post and give it a negative swing to some people, while all the rest seems to be forgotten.Tom, I'll send you a pb.

Guest dths30

So how do you explain the reflections on the tail that are exactly the same to Tom's?

I hate this side of our hobby.I'm not getting into the debate that is so obviously upsetting the people involved. I just want to say from somebody that appreciates any time or effort spent into making this hobby a better one i welcome.I'm not saying thatwe should all live in harmony and never debate issues, it frustrates me that these debates end up in a slagging match and never seem to get resolved. In this circumstance, i neither favour one over the other, i merley respect the fact that if an error of judgement has occured or a disagreement is in place, rather than let it continue why not just agree to disagree. You both have a great deal to offer the flight simming world and us, the public who use your repaints appreciate it very much. Regards VIRGINA340

40282618105572517s.jpg

Guest Staggerwing

Well, time to take this out of the forum and into private talks I think.. good luck to all involved for a happy resolution.

>>Funny on how one sentence can draw the attraction in a post>and give it a negative swing to some people, while all the>rest seems to be forgotten.>Well yes, when your immaturity shows with a verbal dart like that, people's views will swing significantly. Tom is nothing but a class act and it is obvious that you lack in that department when voicing your opinions. I hope this is worked out and that there is no stealing of artwork.