Sign in to follow this  

Need help with MelJet's 744 - Please!

Hello Gang!This should be an easy request!Where can I get a hold of the following?1. MelJet 747-400 night lights with the proper position.2. Meljet 747-400 Vapour Trails.3. How to activate instruments in the Virtual Cockpit of the 747-400.Currently, the lights are all over the place, except where they should be, the VC is empty, without instruments, and the vapour trails start waaay ahead of the wing, rather than behind.Any help is greatly appreciated.Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Guest groundpounder75

"3. How to activate instruments in the Virtual Cockpit of the 747-400."There is no VC for this model.

I hope this is an easier request... I can't get any of Meljets latest 747-400's to even show up in MSFS 2002.... I have't had any problems with anything else.... Anybody know why... I'm just dying to try the new panel in one....Ron Mashburn

Hi Ron!The reason is because each Meljet 747-400 repaint has it's own model. For some reason, if you install all the repaints avaialble out there and attempt to have them all share the one model, it won't work. What I did was basically drop down the texture folder in my Meljet 747-400 folder and gave it an extension name; for example, if I'm working with an Air France repaint, I drop the texture folder for the Air France livery and I rename it to "texture.AF", or whatever you want to name the extension. Then, I do the same with the model folder; I drop it down and rename it with the same extension name. Last, you need to go to the aircraft.cfg file and make sure you properly reference the model and the texture with the proper extension name, in this example, AF. So, your aircraft.cfg entry for the Air France livery should look similar to this:[fltsim.0]title=Air France Boeing 747-400sim=Boeing747-400-MR-MKIIImodel=AFpanel=sound=texture=AFui_manufacturer=Boeingui_type=747-400ui_variation=Air Franceatc_id=F-GITEatc_airline=AIR FRANCEatc_flight_number=881atc_heavy=1description=MelJet Boeing 747-400 for FS2002nVersion 3.0, Release 7 (October 23, 2002)nnVisual model and FDE by Melvin Rafinhttp://www.meljet.comYou can, however, share the air file with all your repaints.Hope this helps!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert

System Specs: Motherboard:  Gygabyte Aorus Z390 Master.  CPU: Intel 9th Gen Core i9 9900kf Eight-Core 3.6Mhz overclocked to 5Mhz.  Memory:  64GB Corsair DDR4 SDRAM 3200MHZ RGB.  GPU: 11GB GeForce RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Hybrid.  Monitor: Viotek 34" curved GNV34DBE.  Power Supply: 1000 Watt Power supply. HD 1: 1TB Samsung 9780 EVO Plus NVMe SSD.  HD 2: 2TB Samsung 860 EVO SATA SSD

Flight Sim Hardware:  Joystick: Thrustmaster T16000M.  Rudder Pedals: Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Pedals.  Yoke: Honeycomb Alpha.  Throttles: Honeycomb Bravo.

Hey Arthur!OK! I can live without the VC.Can you or anyone else point me to the lights and contrails?Thanks!Sincerely,Dennis D. Mullerthttp://www.aavirtual.com/images/aav205_banner.gif[/img]

Sincerely,

Dennis D. Müllert