Sign in to follow this  
Guest Joshieca

Finding ILS / Radio Frequencies.

Hi,Can anyone please tell me if there is a way of finding out what the radio frequencies (such as ATIS, ILS frequencies) of an airport are without having to go through World - Map View then finding the airport you want and then clicking on it?Is it stored in just one file or spread all over the FS2002 directory structure in many files?It would be nice to have this information all in one file so that when you are setting up a flight you will know in advance what runways are available and what the frequencies are before you get there, especially for the ATIS where you are using real weather which can change and upset all your plans when they change the active runway.This would be very beneficial for aircraft that dont have FMC's or those that don't store all the ILS frequencies in them.Many thanks,Steve.

Guest artl

A somewhat faster and more convenient way to obtain that information may be to use the "RWY INFO" gauge, which is part of the wonderful freeware Beechcraft Debonaire by Geof Applegate and James Eden, et al, downloadable from the AVSIM library. It allows you to type in part of an airport name, for example, and will give you a selection list of possible choices. Choosing one, will provide the info for that airport. It will also provide frequency info for navaids. Art.

Guest jase439

FS Navigator is your friend.www.fsnavigator.com

Go to World.Choose World Map.Find your airport.Magnify until you can see the ILS cones (green).Click on the airport & you will get ILS, NDB,VOR frequencies.I write all this down, and keep a running update in WordpadCheersVrystaat

Personally I prefer FSFlightmax.FSNavigator doesn't do well for me (bad experiences with it, leading to a reinstall of several gigabytes of FS2000 because nothing else would get FS to work again...) plus that "fly plan now" function is just too unrealistic. They should never had put a full autopilot integration in it.

Hi,Thanks everyone. I also have had bad experiences of FS Navigator so don't want to put it back on my system.With regards to Vrystaat, I appreciate your answer but this is what i'm trying to avoid. Somehow it just seems to long winded, i.e. you have to go to your destination before you can even start your flight or you have to do it en-route. Must be an easier way!I have though found what looks like a brilliant programme but unfortunately it's out of date. I guess it was created for FS2000 and some airports for FS2002 are not in it.The programme was/is called Airport Info (aptinfo.zip) by Karl Vilbig if anyone knows if he has created an uptodate version of this programme and where it is I will be extremley grateful.Regards,Steve.

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Steve,you might consider having a look there:www.reality-xp.comHope this helps!

howdy. what i do is build an ifr flight plan, then, click each vor listed and find the freq, and then the destination to get ALL the ils freq's.that way, once in the "air" i don't have to "jar" myself into reality. tom t:-kewl

Guest jase439

Reality XP is another way to go as well.