Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

Best freeware airport designers - Mosher (brothers) ?

This is a short tribute to the Mosher brothers (I hope I am right and they are brothers and not say father/son team) who just gave us their 3-rd GMAX airport - St.John. Their work is so complete, so well researched - they are in the league of their own even considering the payware airports. From what I understand they actually make trips to airports they are working on.During the recent Avsim Tahoe conference someone from Avsim staff stated that LAGO made the first GMAX airport. I think this information is incorrect and it was actually Mosher's Halifax that holds this distinction.Thank you guys for your talent and effort. Michael J.

Is this available for download? I've been looking forward to this. The Mosher brothers are tops when it comes to scenery.BTW, I think it's St. John's. Newfies get upset about this. I can say this because I'm a Canadian, although, egads, I live in Ontario.

I would like to join that tribute to those designers,what marvellous airports they design.And especially since the CYUL2002 team finished Dorval,i basically only fly between those 3(now 4)airports(YHZ,YUL,YQM,YYT)With only YUL beeing design by someone else.Great job guys,thanks a millionRichard CYHZ

Yes we do, so get it right! And watch that "newfie" cr*p too! LOLBTW it's pronounced sinjawnz :-)Regards,Wade

Guest Lobaeux4

I'll be doing the Newfie Stomp as well, and will have to download this scenery. Hey, is ESSO included in there, that's where we park everytime we go through sinjons.LobaeuxBTW St John is on PEI(?) isn't it?

I wish these guys could do all the airports for FS2002. :-)Extremly frame rate friendly, with just the right amount of detail and the textures are superb. Thank god they have come out with airport #3 cause I was getting a little sick of flying Moncton to Halifax, Halifax to Moncton, over and over. :-lolIt would sure be interesting to see a major Intl airport done by this team. :-)To anyone who hasn't tried these Mosher masterpieces, do a search in the AVSIM library for Mosher and sort by date and there you'll find all 3.SteveCYYZ

Hi MichaelThat is very high praise indeed. Thanks very much.There are lots of tremendous designers and contributors out there, the Thunder Bay crew, Dave Erickson, Garvin Barneycoat, Arno and plenty more that I could not begin to list here. I think it might be more accurate to say that we do the BEST we can. I'd be comfortable with that. Yep, we visit the airports, measure and photograph everything...for CYYT we took between 500 and 1000 digital images, some of which are used for textures and the rest for reference. We could not do this type of work without the on site information. The difference is really just understanding what it is your're trying to model.As a real life architect, I have 12 years experience computer modeling buildings (SGI and Alias), and put that to good use with these airport projects. Hopefully we can continue to learn more as we go along and push our level up a little higher each time.Anyhow, thanks very much everyone for the words of encouragement.Craig

Oh yeah, I forgot, we ARE brothers, one 47 (me) and one 40. Craig

Guest CYOW_pilot

To The Moshers,I was going to write you an email thanking you for yet again another outstanding piece of work, but, as I was always taught, it is better to praise in public.WIthout exageration, in my opinion you guys do the best airport scenery out there (payware or freeware). Acurate, detailed and no frame rate hit(that I can notice on my 866 machine)Again, thanks for taking the time to do this work for the community. I think I can safely say we are all very appreciative of your efforts.Cheers,Kevin in CYOW

A little self plugging here LOL have you checked out our CYQT (Thunder Bay Ont) scenery ? But you are right the Mosher's sceneryis outstanding!. Dan

Hi Craig what SGI stuff do you work with? Dan (and like I said your stuff is great!!) Dan

>A little self plugging here LOL have you checked out our >CYQT (Thunder Bay Ont) scenery ?Dan,I would love to try CYQT but without the Terrascene scenery. No doubt I would have been impressed. But for whatever silly reason I no longer care for the Terrascene scenery. I was told that Thunder Bay team would not seperate their airports from the rest of the scenery. It is one indivisible package. I understand their point of view but for me it means - Thunder Bay is no go.Notice I was careful to state best "freeware" and then "airport" designers rather than "scenery". I did not want to offend anyone. ;-)Michael J.

No offence taken Michael!! (but you WILL want to hold on for our Toronto scenery),all ground textures will be high res ortho photosin some places 1 (one) meter res. Hey even you should be impressed. Dan

>Hey even you should be >impressed. Waiting anxiously ... :-rotorMichael J.