Sign in to follow this  
Guest Rockcliffe

Best freeware airport designers - Mosher (brothers) ?

But Michael it will be a scenery also(not just an airport) LOL Dan

>But Michael it will be a scenery also(not just an airport) >LOL I think I will be able to handle it .. ;-)Michael J.

Hi DanThe SGI computers I use are unfortunaely now very old, and speed is not their #1 virtue...SGI Indigo 2 Extreme, SGI R4400 Indy, SGI 320.These guys are reliable however. How many people use computers that are 10 years old and have been switched ON 24/7 for 10 straight years!They've never let me down once. Come back to work in the morning, and the renderings are always done, ALWAYS. I'm sure Unix plays a large role in the reliability, but never the less, quite impressive. Heck, we won first place in SGI's World Visual Computing Awards the last time they held them, so you're not going to hear anything bad from me. (G)Craig

Yup those MIPS based SGI'S are still killer sir better than the Intelstuff although the Itainium ones are fast.(Oh and congrats on the award sir!!) Dan

Guest Rockcliffe

Wow! That is one great airport.I downloaded it last night and with Active Sky on made my first arrival in a Jazz Dash 8 ILS on 29 with 1/2 NM visibilty (Is there any other kind of weather on the Rock?).I couldn't believe my eyes when I taxied close enough to see the airport. It's so real that when I finally went to bed my wife asked me why I smelled like Cod! Congratulation on a fantastic job.Anyone out there smarter than me who'd care to take a run at improving CYOW?RegardsBlair

Nah! Us Newfies are very forgiving! ;-) And yes, it is St. John's. St. John is located in New Brunswick. There is a difference ya know! }>As for the Moser guys, they are simply amazing with their work! I posted a message the other day giving them great thanks for their fantastic work on the St. John's airport. I couldn't believe the true to life likeness they had recreated with this marvel! I had to show my wife the job they had done, since she works at CHC Helicopter Corporation. She was completely amazed at their recreation of the CHC office (Gate 1...according to FS? The gates are really on the other side of the airport!) Seeing my wife amazed at something related to FS is truely a miracle, so again Craig and Steve, cudos on an outstanding job! Please keep up the great work! Having our Atlantic Canadian airports redone by you guys is really a treat. At least we know they will be done with the quality and detail they deserve. And thanks for the taxiway signs! I'm sure Tom will really appreciate them when he decides to stop-over in 'Fog City" again. The last time he visited, he got lost on the Tarmac. Kind of deterred him from visiting again I think! ;-) Just kidding Tom!All the best guys! Keep the blue side up eh!Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Hi Greg,Actually, I think they are in the process of changing the name to New Labrador? Or at least, that's what I heard. Hey, I only live here. Doesn't mean I know what happens here! ;-)Regards bud!Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Good one Wade! I got yer back buddy! Just holler if ya need a hand! :-bang Us Newf's stick together eh!Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Well Blair, if you went to bed smelling like Cod, I kind of think you may have landed just short of Runway 29. Perhaps you ended up in Logy Bay? ;-) Hope that Dash was equipped with floats!Regards,Gord NoseworthyNewfoundland, Canada (CYYT)

Guest Rockcliffe

Hmm. Come to think of it, that fog did seem a little thicker than normal. So it was either a dip in Logy Bay or the quick trip to Hotel Newfoundland for a pint before the return leg. Either way, I think a virtual Transport Canada inspector is going to want my licence.CheersBlair