Sign in to follow this  
SlickNick

American and Continental 757s for Captain Sim (Repost d...

How would a "hefty contribution" matter if the pics are hosted on another site? Please re-read my post.

Wow, are you kidding me man? This stems from the fact that I made the comment about the post being deleted? I only put that in the titles so maybe the 3 or 4 people that commented on the post since I had last read it would reply. I'm sorry if you felt like I was showing you up or something...but I really wasn't. And NO, at the time I posted, I DID NOT know about the file size rule (hard as that may be for you to believe). I only knew about the dimension rule. So no, I didn't "GET" the rules. I read what Ed said, and I saw what I did wrong. But as I kept scrolling down, I saw your reply that started with "Don't like the posting rules here". Whether I like or agree with your rules would be irrelevant to any discussion because they are YOUR rules. Didn't understand why you took that tone, but again - it really wasn't that serious of an issue to me. As I stated before, if I didn't like the rules here - then I just wouldn't post. It ain't the end of the world if I can't post here or any forum. I don't get much feedback in this particular forum anyways...lol. But I've always respected the members of this forum, so I like to keep them informed...should anyone be interested in seeing what I'm working on.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest dths30

A thing I find funny is, people keep commenting on and are making a fuss about the screenshot(s), though I'd think Corey would much rather get feedback for his paints. ;)

This seems like one of those classic cases where fully comprehending things is handicapped by the fact that only words can be typed here. You just can't get the full picture this way. The discomfort of misunderstanding has pulled this completely off topic.The mods have to do their job. At the same token, I am sure they understand that people are going to make mistakes and break rules from time to time. No harm done. Have a virtual handshake and don't read too far into things.Corey, I'm really looking forward to these paints. Thanks and keep up the good work.Later,Scott

Reposting cause this topic was deleted.Progress:AAProgressAvsim.jpgFor those who'd like to see the original quality, just remove the Avsim part from the above picture link so the link will read AAProgress.jpg

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

>A thing I find funny is, people keep commenting on and are>making a fuss about the screenshot(s), though I'd think Corey>would much rather get feedback for his paints. ;)U got it. It's a hot topic for all the wrong reasons...lmao.Anyway, both are done. (Pic at top updated, so please refresh browsers if you don't see both American AND Continental) I MAY hold onto them for awhile I complete the rest of the Big 5 (Delta, Northwest and US Airways). Not sure i'm gonna do those though.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest Staggerwing

>Wow, are you kidding me man? This stems from the fact that I>made the comment about the post being deleted? >I only put that in the titles so maybe the 3 or 4 people that>commented on the post since I had last read it would reply.No, this all stems from you breaking the posting rules here in the forum.>I'm sorry if you felt like I was showing you up or>something...but I really wasn't.Sorry, I have no idea what that means, but I was just responding to your statement that someone else started the "nasty" part and you had nothing to do with it at all. I was giving an example of how things can get started if you are not careful of what you say at times like that.>And NO, at the time I posted, I DID NOT know about the file>size rule (hard as that may be for you to believe). I only>knew about the dimension rule.It's not that it's hard for me to believe, it's that you are expected to read and follow the rules without being told one on one that you have to. >So no, I didn't "GET" the>rules. I read what Ed said, and I saw what I did wrong. But as>I kept scrolling down, I saw your reply that started with>"Don't like the posting rules here".I do believe that Ed replied to your post where you already talked about not seeing anything wrong with the file size. I'll have another look at the thread after I finish this and if I'm wrong, I'll come back and delete what I'm saying. [/i]>Whether I like or agree with your rules would be irrelevant to>any discussion because they are YOUR rules.[/i]They are also YOUR rules to follow if you want to post here.>Didn't understand>why you took that tone, but again - it really wasn't that>serious of an issue to me.> As I stated before, if I didn't>like the rules here - then I just wouldn't post. It ain't the>end of the world if I can't post here or any forum. I don't>get much feedback in this particular forum anyways...lol. But>I've always respected the members of this forum, so I like to>keep them informed...should anyone be interested in seeing>what I'm working on.Don't take this as a "tone" or me being harsh... but if someone doesn't know what the rules are, then you can't much agree or disagree, like or dislike them.Anyway, we can cut to the chase and read the bottom line on this now.Follow the posting and "TOU" rules and there's no problem, you are certainly most welcome to post your screen shots here.

Guest dths30

Really, give the guy a break. He said he wasn't aware and has now read the rules. Do we really need to keep on arguing about it? Remember, it's the INTERNET.P.S. Good work, Corey! The bare metal's must've been a #### to paint the way the CS fuse is mapped.

He won't give it a break man....lmaoThanks Demetris. That kit is nuts man. But I think I've kinda got the hang of it. The potential with that kit is amazing, but it is a little too much.

Cool788.png
Corey Ford
QualityWings Simulations
Development Team

Guest nirvana

wow, these bare-metal textures truly rock!! :-eek i guess i've to reinstall this baby... :-hahi'm glad that i saw your pix. :-roll

Ok-see that "alert" button below? That sends complaints to mods from fellow users.Your comment above "Did the size ###### get ya" got several alerts-and when moderators get such alerts it gets our attention. You can rationalize your statement all you want-but your comment can only refer to the moderator of this board as he is the one who makes sure the rules of this forum are followed. Since our moderators give freely of their time to run these boards by the rules which you agreed to when you signed up to this free site, your comment seems at best unappreciative, and at worse something else. Staggerwing who is the moderator of this forum is a heck of a nice guy-am quite frankly I am offended by your comment.Instead of apologizing, your next post criticized the rules of this forum, avsim, your preference of another site, and that you refuse to post pictures here because of our rules.So my offer to you was that since you have such strong ideas of how this place should operate, that you should feel free to contribute the necessary monetary funds so that a place that you vision could be accomplished. Until doing so, feel free to accept our free site the way it is.http://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/

firstly it's not right to call the mods a ###### since if we don't like them or the rules we can vote with our feet (or a mouse click, perhaps :-lol) that wasn't necessary. Geofa makes quite a good point on the previous post and I don't see it as a personal attack as such. I mean if I dont like how this forum is being transformed I would vote with my feet and go somewhere else, and not agonize myself over the rules which were set here.second. The mods need to realise that the vast majority out there do not deliberately violate the rules to make the mods' lives harder. A simple misunderstanding, for example, could have been resolved through a PM or email. What could have been a misunderstanding is not a deliberate violation of the rules. There is no need to keep going on and on for pages and pages on something that keeps side-tracking this topic or diverting from its original purpose - I am sure a simple reference to the rules wouldve been more than sufficient for Corey to understand why his earlier post was gone.

>Ok-see that "alert" button below? That sends complaints to>mods from fellow users.>>Your comment above "Did the size ###### get ya" got several>alerts-and when moderators get such alerts it gets our>attention. >What? Do people actually use that button?