Sign in to follow this  
Donmo

Alaska bush WOW WOW - Akcm9!

Hi All,Our FS community is blessed with many talented and industrious developers who enjoy sharing their great work with the rest of us mortals.I enjoy flying in the wilds of Alaska especially with bush scenery airports/airfields. Dave Erickson is one of those developers who has allowed us to join him with his truly interesting Alaska bush scenery. I've installed all of his Alaska Commuter sceneries (1-8) for FS2000. Loads of interesting flying with loads of Alaska airports.Once again, Dave has developed a new addition to his series which was developed for FS2002. It's fantastic, here's why........Dave had incorporated a Landclass folder in his download which greatly enhances his numerous (50)airports and their surrounding area. Dave suggests (actually insists) that we also install one of the tree enhancement files (thanks to Ed Truthan and Gerrish Gray), which greatly increases the realism you see in his scenery. The area around the airports does come alive with hundreds of real looking trees - great to see on take offs and landings.My only suggestion would be to also install a good Terrain Mesh of Alaska. I use Eddie Denny's which takes a long time to download but is well worth the effort.I have no framerate problems with Dave's Akcm9 scenery even with landclass and terrain mesh installed. Look for akcm9.zip here at Avsim.My system is: Dell PIII, 1 gig, 40 meg hd, 512 meg ram, Gforce2 mx440.Many thanks to all developers whose talented efforts make our hobby so much fun that some of us (myself included) find it hard to drag ourselves away from the computer. Specifically, many thanks to Dave Erickson and the numerious people he indicates contributed with their addons and other work.Howard

I absolutely agree!! The scenery is fantastic. Thanks for a fabulous addon for my FS world.

Guest RobA

I have to agree also, this is greatly appeciated. I have the map printed out and am flying E to W by following each N-S line of airports. Got 7 under my belt and am enjoying the heck out of it. :-) Thanks for pointing out that Dave's earlier Commuter series will work in fs2k2.Best regards, Rob

One minor issue...Thompson Pass has a fence going across the runway. Very minor....what a great scenery set and easy on the frame rates.

They also work great with the scenery I have made in Alaska too. The same fields I have updated with my ABC scenery are fully compatible with his. He did one heck of a job on those. I just added in the Aleuts on Friday too. Pretty good coverage now!Don

jerrycwo4I made the "map" that was inclosed with the #9 package. I had to make it to a size that most people could download in a reasonable time. If you would like a BIGGER (file) version of it, send me an email:galfred3@cox.net.