Sign in to follow this  
Mike S KPDX

FSW Clouds and other settings?

I am really enjoying the excellent freeware product by Chris at FSW and was hoping to get some help as to optimizing their use. I have reviewed all the manuals and forums but I am having issues with the way the weather changes. The changes of the clouds and visibility seems very fast, I will go from scattered to complete overcast within one second and then to clear then to bkn, all within three seconds. This happens every time I fly in moderate to severe wx (about 10 hrs now sim time). Question; can somone who utilizes the following addons provide me their optimum settings for each? All this stuff looks good except for the rapid changes.ThanksMikeFS2k2 ( unpatched :-) )SkyWorld SE 2.03FS Meteo 5, 2, 1, 0FSUIPC 2.901AMD 2100 512ramsliders a mid levels, fr locked at 22

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

Hi, "The changes of the clouds and visibility seems very fast, I will go from scattered to complete overcast within one second and then to clear then to bkn"I don't know , it's maybe the FS Meteo clouds transition, I don't have fs meteo, I use my own weather generator utility :). fs sky world do not control the metar download. If you use auto install, you can set to off the autorefresh in the cloud.ini, but like I stated, this utility is an cloud installer not weather generator.ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

thanks Chris,I understand that you provide clouds only. But,does anyone have suggested modified settings for these programs to provide smoother transistions??

Let me start off by saying that I'm not an expert by any means, but I'll gladly offer you my layman's explanation. Perhaps it will shed some light on the subject for you.Unfortunately, to my knowledge this is a problem inherent in FS itself. METAR data is read when you hit a specific point, then it is read again at a later specific point, and so forth. Each time you hit those points the weather is updated to reflect the newest METAR. Although real-life weather changes incrementally, FS does not have a "weather simulator" to understand that if you have clear at one point and overcast at another point 100NM away that there will be steadily increasing cloud coverage in-between.Sorry that I'm not presenting a solution or if you are already aware of what I'm talking about. Just thought that an explanation might help you understand the nature of the problem.Fly Safe!

thank you for your kind response. You do make good points about the FS2k2 wx system, alas I am aware of those. This is the main reason that I utilize FSUIPC and FSMeteo in tandem, to smooth out those spikes with METARS.thanks again