Sign in to follow this  

Stutters, pauses and lockups, Please Helpppppp!!!

Guest jcuellar

Hi allI made a fresh reinstall for the FS2002 and all the addons after that I defragmented my hard drive using the Norton System Works, everything was looking very nice with no sorprises, but oh my God, when I launch the FS2002, stutters, pauses for more than 2 to 5 seconds started, FPS dropped to 8 or 9, when I got used to have 28 to 30 and at this point I don't know what to do.My system configuration is the following:Motherboard Intel 850 MVCPU Pentium IV 1.7 GhzRambus Memory 768 MB PC-800Hard Drive 40 GBVideocard PNY GeForce 4 Ti4400 128 MBVideo Drivers 40.72Sound Blaster LiveMonitor 19" SonyWindows 2000 with service pack 3 and all updatesPlease if someone has experience something like this and found the solution please share the information with me and others that could have the same problem.Thankyou for your helpJaime CuellarMonterrey, Mexico

Guest jcuellar

Bump !!!Sorry for bumping I really need help.Jaime CuellarMonterrey, Mexico

First, disable Norton system works when you're not using it. By using it to defrag your hard drive, very likely the applet has loaded itself into your system tray. It is famous for causing stutters. So make sure no applets are being loaded...check the run, runonce and runservices entries of your registry to make sure that you're running a clean system.Next, compare FS without Add-ons, then with Add-ons. One issue with FSUIPC that can cause a problem is logging...can cause a stutter if it is enabled. Make sure logging is disabled in FSUIPC. Many add-ons add modules when installed. Number one rule of reinstalling FS--always try it out with no add-ons installed. If it works great, it's an easy way to know that the problem isn't one with your system. -John

Guest jcuellar

Hi John,I did exactly what you post and it worked.Thankyou very much, you saved me too many hours in reinstalling everything.Best RegardsJaime CuellarMonterrey, Mexico