Sign in to follow this  
brucek

What a/c for FedEx DC-10 / MD-11?

Some great ideas there. Other then the (maybe) Flight to Hawaii panel, do any of those panels have any enhanced auto-pilot equipment, such as a working INS? Thanks,Bruce.

Guest jase439

The Alain Capt panel is a really good one on its technical merits, but be advised you will have to run it at 1024x768. He's still using 256-color panel graphics from the dark ages. If you attempt to scale the panel image (up or down), it will be distorted and the text will be illegible.

Here are the panels I use for the MD-10, MD-11, and the DC-10.The MD-10 panel shows a rework of the bitmap I did a while ago of Alain Capt and my MD-11 panel. The MD-11 panel is what Bill Grabowski is currently working on (I am only a alpha/beta tester on that one). And the Dc-10 panel is from Flightsoft, with a modified upper panel for better visuals. :-)Happy contrailing, :-waveStaffan AhlbergFreeware Flight GroupStockholm/Sweden/ESSA

Staffan

Guest C17SimGuy

Wow. ..Bill's MD-11 panel looks awesome!BTW Staffan, I've used your 737-200 and DC-10 panels exclusively for the past two years. . .they are AWESOME! Thank you for all your hard work! Regards,Andrew

Thanks Andrew,Funny, but I never use my own panels exept for the MD-11 panel I made as a joint venture with Alain Capt. ;-)Staffan Ahlberg

Staffan

Staffan how you like that flightsoft Panel ?? also are the sounds for Dc 10 fly to hawaii better or equal to Mike Hambly sounds ?? dont get me wrong i love mikes sounds but just wanted to know if there were good thanks.

Hi,I like Flightsofts DC-10 panel very much. It is by far, the best DC-10 panel available. Even though there are some switches which does not work (eyecandy).The panel really gives you the flying feel of an "old diesel", with a very much used look. :-)The functions are working great, even if the autopilot could have been more programmed as the real thing, with a full working thrust rating system. But I guess that the target user group of "Fly to Hawaii", really is all simmers. That is why Flightsoft had to make a lot of compromises.I think that the sounds are quite equal to Mike Hambly

Staffan

Thanks everyone.It's good to get an accurate review of Flight to Hawaii, Staffan. I've been looking for a review for a while on that product. Does it have a working INS system?Thanks,Bruce.