Sign in to follow this  
Guest Staggerwing

Another Sad Day - Aloha's Last Flight OGG/HNL - Video

I originally posted this video without screen shots and it was dis-allowed. It was my first post and I had not read the rules-- sorry!Anyway, this is how it went (my screen shot's should be in here somewhere now)-------After 60 years of service Aloha Airlines folded up their tent. Another airline travesty! Back in the 60s, 70s, and early 80s I (lots of you too) had numerous fun flights on Aloha (Hawaiian as well). Those short inter-island hops were great fun. Those pilots went up and down like fighter pilots, and I never got over how they served those full airplanes a complete round of drinks on a 25 minute flight between Honolulu and Maui, or Kauai. The flight attendant would announce "if you want a beverage lower your tray table now" ----and BANG-- 180 tray tables dropped in unison! The Mai Tais, Pina Coladas, Blue Hawaiis and Primo Beer gushed forth, and the last empty cup was picked up just before touch down! Absolutely amazing! I made a short video of Aloha's last flight from Maui to Honolulu and you can download it here: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0lscqpivxgz Aloha!Bruce

Guest dths30

I fail to see how Aloha ceasing operations constitutes for a sad day.

It isn't sad when a company shuts down, workers are unemployed and customers who paid good money for reservations are stranded? What else do you "fail to see"?

BobK

Guest dths30

Isn't it sad millions in Africa are starving for companies like Aloha to have existed in the first place? The unemployed will find jobs, maybe better, maybe worse, but they sure won't be short of food. As for the people who paid money for reservations, well, how about they donate the money to the unemployed instead? Hmmm? Nobody's thought of that?

Guest BlueRidgeDx

Okay,I'll accept getting banned for saying this:You are a douche nozzle.My wife lost her job at Skybus Airlines on Friday, and I recently left work in order to stay home and care for our 8 week old daughter.That means my family has 0 income. And since we're in the aviation industry, we never made that much money to begin with, hence no savings.Food and shelter are at the top of my list of "concerns", guy.Get lost.

Guest dths30

That's fine, I don't think you should get banned. My point is, you have opportunities - there are million others who don't.

>Isn't it sad millions in Africa are starving for companies>like Aloha to have existed in the first place? The unemployed>will find jobs, maybe better, maybe worse, but they sure won't>be short of food. As for the people who paid money for>reservations, well, how about they donate the money to the>unemployed instead? Hmmm? Nobody's thought of that?If you have nothing constructive to say, then SHUT UP!!

Guest Staggerwing

Bruce, it might be best if the thread is locked so we can move on without Dths30. Your shots and link will remain for other so see.Sorry everyone...