Sign in to follow this  
ShezA

Payware

To add some focus back to the thread.... Yannick's just released freeware Robin is every bit as good as the best payware I own. It's an FSDS design, but it incorporates just about the best FS2002 can offer...If you have never bought payware, but want a taste, take a look at Yannick's Robin. If you like it, then Dreamfleet's work and Flight1's work are safe bets for payware....-John

Save your money, Grzes, or spend it on something really useful like FSNav. Everything you have asked for above is available in excellent freeware releases. Just search around or ask a few people. Yes, I know, folks, there are particular things in some payware aircraft that rock; but if you want variety in your simming rather than feeding the same FMC every night, then following the freeware flight path has to be the way to go.In my own view, in any case, that's what this hobby is all about.Mark "Dark Moment" Beaumonthttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitak.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/reds.htmlhttp://www.swiremariners.com/cxkaitakv3.jpg

Guest SoarPics

LOLNow let me see if I have this correct, Tom...One of the posters to this thread is threatning legal action against you for your previous posting??? They must have more money than... well, let's just say they have too much money.I didn't think your post was particularly awe inspiring (not up to your usually impeccable logic... but I just wrote it off to you maybe having a bad day). Which is why I replied with my togue in cheek response.First there was Ferdy and his action against you, and now this. Maybe the offended poster should pool all his money together with Ferdy's rather substantial (lol) war chest and really smite you down. :-eek Of course, another far cheaper solution would be for the offended party to leave YOUR site and just not come back... then he can't be offended.Press on, head babysitter

Guest oyvindhansen

In the high end segment there are more payware than freeware aircraft. True, there are a few very good freeware packages that can compete with payware, but most freeware is just the stock gauges in a new panel bimap, an inaccurate .air-file, a boring VC, and a new visual model(usually the best part). Freeware is a very nice way to get aquainted with unfamiliar planes, and as AI traffic, but the aircraft that I keep flying for months and years after their release are mostly payware.- Oyvind

Poor guy. Looks like you don't have a clue of what is happening here.

Guest SoarPics

Malves,Yeah, hotshot, I'm a real dummy. Of course how dumb is somebody who threatens a lawsuit that will accomplish nothing but make the lawyers rich?I await your infinite wisdom... enlighten me :-lol

>happening here.> >>Yeah, hotshot, I'm a real dummy.Glad you realize that...it's not easy! :-wave

"Hoping you can tell us, Tom"And get threatened to be sued by three or four other self appointed icons??? No way! At this rate, we're going to have to set up an Allensworth Defense Fund (not!). Maybe a class action suit by the collected icons and wannabes is a good idea. All the uniformed and non-uniformed but professional proof-readers can bandy together and put me out of my misery all in one go! Egos without trigger guards are a very dangerous thing... :-lol

Okay, so beyond lamely trying to provoke a fight, what's your point? As I said... enlighten me. What's going on here guru?

Guest SoarPics

Okay Malves, we'll have a go at this.Pay attention!!!What kind of limited intellect threatens to sue for an off-handed tongue in cheek remark? Would that be your intellect, Malves? Who in their right mind would be dumb enough to hope to do nothing but waste money throwing a bunch a lawyers at Tom's post? Would that be you, Malves?And a final point, and I'll make this simple enough for even you to understand: It is considered poor taste (which you have proven time and again that you have plenty of) to use partial quotes. It is manipulative, selfish and just plain unprofessional.Yep, that all fits you.Have a nice day... now back in your hole.

"In the high end segment there are more payware than freeware aircraft"I agree with that as well. I haven't seen any freeware package approach the completeness that Dreamfleet's Cardinal, or Flight1's 421 have. Those packages come with repaint kits, manuals, multiple liveries, multiple config options. But Yannick's Robin scores quite high, so does Geof's Debonair, and Simubuild's/USD's MU-2. And take something like the Meljet 747-400 along with the freeware repaint support, and you have a collective project that is almost as impressive as the payware projects.With the release of FSDS 2.0, FSDS designers that never got a grasp of GMAX may start rolling out some very impressive work. I can't wait to see what that does to freeware. I'd rank the four freeware packages I've mentioned as "long-term" as the Flight1 421 and Dreamfleet Cardinal. I'm happy to have access to both great freeware and payware...