Sign in to follow this  

I'm on 21.81 GF3ti500 drivers, are the newer ones bette

I'm currently using the 21.81 drivers that came with my Leadtek Winfast GF3 ti 500 for use with XP - as they seem to forefill all my requirements ie. quality and AA.I've been monitoring a few postings on this forum recently, and it seems that others are liking these "newer" Nvidia drivers.If i update onto some of these newer drivers would i more than likely see an improvement in my FS?AndWhich version would you recommend i update to?PS.I haven't updated because i wasn't too sure whether these later drivers still work to their maximum potential with FS on aspects such as AA 4X +....CheersWill

I've been running with the 21.83 drivers since day one. Tried a few of the upgrades, but I never saw any major improvement--sp I always restored the originals. I've always suspected people with profound improvements never had their original driver sets installed/uninstalled properly. I had one driver upgrade kill my performance, and it was due to ghost drivers. Cleaned things up, and have got great performance.I have a 440BX motherboard. AGP 1.0 spec--never meant for the AGP 2.0 spec GeF 2/3 cards. With the 21.83 drivers, it is so stable I can fly FS real-time for thousands of miles, with complete confidence that I'll finish the flight without a hiccup. Newer drivers might offer marginal improvements, but IMHO, my setup falls into the "if it ain't broke..." category...-John

""my setup falls into the "if it ain't broke..." category...""LOL.... Yep i've been thinking along those lines as well. heheWell it's interesting to hear what others thinkWill

Guest SoarPics

I hate to admit this for fear that my recent experience will send novice users to the nVidia site in search of the holy grail...I recently updated my drivers (ok... so I was bored and decided to play around a bit. lol). I upgraded from the 21.85's to the 40.72's not expecting much. But the new drivers have made a difference on my system.I'm usually one of those "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" guys, but I must confess the new drivers are enhancing my sim experience. The colors are brighter, rendering updates smoother and quicker, and I'm now able to run in 32 bit color (no more psychodelic panels). I had been using the GTU with the 21.85's, but changed to Rivatuner with the new drivers.Athlon T-bird 1.4 @ 1.5GhzASUS A7M266512 MB PC 2100 DDRGainward GF3 Ti200 Golden Sample @240/500Win98SESony E400 19"STANDARD DISCLAIMER: YOUR MILEAGE MAY (and probably will) VARY... if it ain't broke, don't fix it (usually ;) .

Amen, Greg ! The latest qualified drivers rule !P3 1000Win98SE512 MB PC130 RAMG4 Ti 4200 128 MBCFS3 stutters: played for hours last night and there weren't any, right before and during big explosians there are no hesitations. CFS3 all alone in its own defraged partition. Old system with decent amount of memory on MB and vid card works for me.== WHK ==